Mon, 21 Nov 2011
Any student that had registered for the wireless network last year, and not re-registered this year will need to do so before Friday the 9th of December 2011.
All students that have registered a device i.e. Laptop/Netbook/Mobile Phone, for the wireless network before the 30th of June 2011 need to re-register that device for the wireless by going to the student helpdesk located in the Boole basement.
The procedure is as follows:
- Come to the student helpdesk with valid UCC ID and provide this to one of our Student Helpdesk Staff.
- They will verify your identity and update the device’s details to show that you wish that device to remain on the wireless network for another year. N.B. Please be sure to re-register the devices you wish to remain on the wireless network if you have more than one.
If you do not re-register before Friday the 9th of December 2011 you will no longer be able to connect to the UCC wireless network as we will have de-activated your wireless account.
Note the following:
- The registration date is considered to be the date that you fill in the details on the online registration form and not that of your device being configured.
- If you have a new device then you will have to register that new device in the normal fashion by going to http://proteus.ucc.i/wreg/index.php?section=student
- If you registered over this summer and are unsure of the exact date of your registration, feel free to re-register regardless.
- You will still have the possibility to re-register after the 9th of December but you will be off the network until this time.