I.T. Services Open Days 22nd and 23rd November
I.T. Services is delighted to present our Open Days, a two-day series of talks and events taking place on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd November in the Boole Library Creative Zone.
These Open Days are designed to showcase and demonstrate the use of our services and technologies to academics, researchers and administrative staff. We also need your feedback on these services and we will use this event to get input from colleagues on how these services can support their goals.
Each day will feature a variety of talks and activities, including Technology Corners, Walk-Up Areas which provide attendees the opportunity to ask questions and Demonstrations including Screencasting software and other technologies.
Some reasons to come along:
- Your email moved to Office 365 during the summer, but there is a lot more than email, see what else you can do; OneDrive, MyApps, Skype, Yammer
- A lot is happening with Teaching & Learning, changes in the physical and virtual classroom, find out who can help and how
- HEANETevolved from the Universities and now provides Internet and network services to all education sectors in Ireland, see what they can do for you
- Find out how to screen cast from your mobile device, try out the Microsoft interactive Surface HUB, video record your lecture
- Maybe you have large data sets or need help with research data
- Worried about IT and security?
- Check out what’s happening with the Student Admin System and CRM
- Have a chat with our IT Helpdesk staff and see how you can log a call online or reset your password 24/7
- We will also hold a daily prize draw - on each of the two Open Days, there will be a 14" Full HD Chromebook to be won! To enter the draw just drop in on either day and fill out our feedback form.
For a timetable and full details of the events taking place each day, please see http://www.ucc.ie/en/it/opendays/