Student IT Services FAQ
- What operating systems are supported?
- How do I connect to the wireless?
- What locations have wireless access?
- Can I print from the Wireless Network?
- I've changed my password and now my Wi-Fi has stopped working.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 7
- OSX - 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- iOS i.e. iPad, iPhones & iPod Touches
To connect to the Student Wi-Fi you must have your Student IT Account and then just follow the instructions here:
A table of locations can be found here : http://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/wireless/spots/
This list will be added to as more points become available. Most restraunts and social areas have wireless access.
Printing from the wireless network is possible using Uprint.
- In a web browser go to http://uprint.ucc.ie
- Login using your Student IT Account
- Upload the document you wish to print or enter a web address
- Click Next
- Select the Advanced tab for SIT Printing service
- Select Long-sided
- Click on SIT Printing Service
- Your job is now sent, you can release it at any of the Open Access Printers
- Your job will remain in the queue for 6 hours as standard
For most devices when you reset your password you will be prompted to enter your new password. If it isn't prompting you for your new password simply remove/forget the Wi-Fi network and re-add it by entering your Student IT account details as StudentNum@umail.ucc.ie and your password or by following the instructions here.
For Windows 7 devices follow the instrauctions below to change your password.
- In the start menu type Manage wireless networks and select.
- Right-click eduroam and choose Properties.
- Select the security tab and choose the Advanced button.
- Select Specify Authentication mode and select User Authentication.
- Enter your Student IT account details as StudentNum@umail.ucc.ie and your password when prompted.