Print, Copy & Scan
Student IT Services FAQ
SIT Printing FAQ
- How do I print?
- How do I release a print job?
- Where can I release my print job?
- How do I print on only one side of the paper?
- How much will it cost to print?
- How do I pay for printing?
- Can I use my own paper in the Student IT Printers?
- Does UCC recycle the waste paper and toner cartridges from the student IT Centres?
- Can I print in colour?
- Can I print from the wireless network?
All registered students have a . This account allows you to logon to the Open Access Student IT computers, access UCC networked services and it allows you to print to the Open Access Student IT Printers.
All the Open Access Computers are configured to print to the central Student IT Print Service, you don’t need to select or configure a printer. Having logged on the Open Access Computers, you can use the standard built in print options of any of the installed applications, e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint…etc.
Once you have sent a file to the printer you will need to release it from a Card Reader next to the printer. Insert your UCC Student ID card into the Card Reader and this message will apprear: Press OK to Print or Stop to Copy. To select the Print Service press OK.
To print documents:
- Each Job on your print list is displayed one at a time
- Press OK to print the displayed job or press STOP to move to the next job
- Continue to review your print list, selecting files to print
- Press STOP
- Wait for ready signal before removing your Student ID Card
Your print job should now start printing
The IT Services Department operates “follow-me” style printing. This means your print job can be released at any of the open access Student IT printers, at the time of release.
**Please note that you have 6 hours in which to release your job before it is deleted from the print queue**
The Open Access Printers print on both sides of the page by default.
To print on one side you will need to chose the 'one sided' printer in the print dialogue box
Printing costs are as follows (all prices quoted are on a per page basis):
|A4 Black and White single-sided||6c per page|
|A4 Black and White double-sided||6c per page (12c per sheet)|
|A3 Black and White single-sided||14c per page|
|A4 Colour single-sided||20c per page|
|A3 Colour single-sided||40c per page|
By default our computers are set to print double sided
*Colour and A3 are available in Boole Library Q, Boole Library Q+3 and Brookfield Library basement
*Prices are subject to change
Payment is taken form your UCC Smartcard when you release your print job. For more information please see the Smartcard Office website http://www.ucc.ie/en/smartcard
No. Only paper supplied by the IT Services Department can be used in the Student IT Printers.
Yes, we do. All paper on Campus is separated from other waste, and sent for recycling.
Colour printing is available in Boole Library Q, Boole Library Q+3 and Boston Scientific Health Sciences Library (Brookfield) basement. To print in colour select the “SIT Print Extra Formats Colour” printer when printing on an IT Services Student IT PC.
Students using the wireless network can print using Uprint http://uprint.ucc.ie
- In a web browser go to http://uprint.ucc.ie
- Login using your Student IT Account
- Upload the document you wish to print or enter a web address
- Click Next
- Select the Advanced tab for SIT Printing service
- Select Long-sided
- Click on SIT Printing Service
- Your job is now sent, you can release it at any of the Open Access Printers
- Your job will remain in the queue for 6 hours as standard
SIT Copy FAQ
Insert your Student ID Card into the reader and a message will display: Press OK to Print and Stop to Copy. To select the Copy Service press Stop.
1. Place your document face up in the feeder
2. Select quantity using the keypad
3. To begin copying, press the green button on the machine to start
4. To finish:
A: Press Stop
B: Wait for ready signal before removing ID Card
You can use the copy services in any of the Open Access Student IT Centres that have print & copy services available, for a full list of locations
Copy costs are as follows (please note all prices are per page)
|A4 B&W||6 cent per page|
|A3 B&W*||14 cent per page|
|A4 Colour*||20 cent per page|
|A3 Colour*||30 cent per page|
*Please Note: A3 B&W, A4 Colour, A3 Colour services are only avialable in the Boole Library and Brookfield library.
Payment is taken from you UCC Smartcard when you select copy. For more information on how to top up please see the UCC Smartcard website.
No. Only paper supplied by IT Services department can be used in the muti-function devices.
Colour copying is avaialble in the Boole Library and Brookfiled Library. These are the only centres where you can avail of this service.
SIT Scan to USB FAQ
- How do I scan to usb?
- Where can I use the scan service?
- How much does it cost to scan to usb?
- My usb device is not regonised what should I do?
To scan to usb follow these instuctions:
- Insert USB key
- Place document to scan on the device
- Select Workflow Scanning
- Select USB template
- Hit the green button to scan document
You can use the scan to usb services on any of the multi-function devices in our Open Access Student IT Centre, for a full list of locations .
There is no cost for this service.
The multi-function devices will allow scan to usb as long as the device is formatted for FAT or FAT32, NTFS formatting is not recognised. If you usb key is formatted for NTFS you will need to use another usb key with FAT or FAT32 formatting.