- About the College
- UCC STEM - 360° Virtual Reality Campus Experience
- Join us on a Tour of our University
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- Change and Transfer Requests
- Prospective Students
- Schools and Departments
- SEFS for Schools
- Development and Alumni
- Graduate School
- UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
- SEFS HR Resources
- Teaching Delivery and Timetables in SEFS 2020-21
Postgraduate Supports and Resources
Postgraduate Training Modules
The postgraduate training modules have been identified as generic and transferable skills relevant to PhD student education at University College Cork. Their relevance may vary upon experiential learning, disciplinary and professional development needs. PhD students may take a selection of these modules as part of their Structured PhD or as stand alone modules where the credits would appear on the academic transcript of results (but not on the final degree parchment).
For a 3 year PhD, the maximum number of credits that can be undertaken is 30 credits.
For a 4 year PhD, the maximum number of credits that can be undertaken is 90 credits.
For a listing of the Postgraduate Training Modules available please click here.
For a full listing of Student Supports available in UCC, please click here.
- Student Portal
- Students' Union
- Info for Potential Postgraduates
- International Students
- Pre-Masters/Preparatory Pathway (For intending postgraduate students whose first language is not English)
- The Boolean - Snapshots of Doctoral Research
- Researcher Profiles
- Graduate Studies Office
- How do I submit a thesis?
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Policy Documents
- Research Institutes & Centres
- Research Support at UCC
- Skills Centre UCC