- About the College
- UCC STEM - 360° Virtual Reality Campus Experience
- Join us on a Tour of our University
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- Change and Transfer Requests
- Prospective Students
- SEFS for Schools
- Development and Alumni
- Graduate School
- College Intranet
- UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
- Human Resources
- Teaching Delivery and Timetables in SEFS 2020-21
Postgraduate Supports and Resources
Postgraduate Training Modules
The postgraduate training modules have been identified as generic and transferable skills relevant to PhD student education at University College Cork. Their relevance may vary upon experiential learning, disciplinary and professional development needs. PhD students may take a selection of these modules as part of their Structured PhD or as stand alone modules where the credits would appear on the academic transcript of results (but not on the final degree parchment).
For a 3 year PhD, the maximum number of credits that can be undertaken is 30 credits.
For a 4 year PhD, the maximum number of credits that can be undertaken is 90 credits.
For a listing of the Postgraduate Training Modules available please click here.
Student Academic Support
ONE TO ONE COACHING
While completing your MSC or PhD you may find your motivation is beginning to wane or even completely vanish!
You may find that some days you are very productive and other days completely unproductive but are unsure of the reason why.
Would you like the opportunity to sit down and take the time to reflect on what behaviours and thoughts you are engaging in are helping you reach your goal, and which are stopping you from finally handing in that hardbound thesis?
The College of SEFS is offering 3 free one-to-one coaching sessions per student. The following areas are covered.
- Motivational Hints and Tips
- Time Management
- Work Life Balance
- How to recognize and minimize distractions
- How your thoughts and behaviours can help or hinder you in reach your goal.
To make an appointment please contact Trish O Shaughnessy on firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full listing of Student Supports available in UCC, please click here.
- Student Portal
- UCC Home
- Students' Union
- Info for Potential Postgrads
- International Students
- Pre-Masters/Preparatory Pathway (For intending postgraduate students whose first language is not English)
- The Boolean - Snapshots of Doctoral Research
- Researcher Profiles
- Graduate Studies Office
- How do I submit a thesis?
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Policy Documents
- Research Institutes & Centres
- Research Support at UCC