- About the College
- UCC STEM - 360° Virtual Reality Campus Experience
- Join us on a Tour of our University
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- Change and Transfer Requests
- Prospective Students
- Schools and Departments
- SEFS for Schools
- Development and Alumni
- Graduate School
- UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
- SEFS HR Resources
- Teaching Delivery and Timetables in SEFS 2020-21
College Teaching Learning and Student Experience Membership
Chair: Dr Ed Jarvis - School of Biological, Earth & Environmental Sciences
Ms Emily Chambers - College of SEFS
Ms Mary Coghlan - Career Services
Dr Shane Crowley - School of Food & Nutritional Sciences
Professor Denise Gabuzda - Department of Physics
Dr Niall Hyland - Department of Physiology
Ms Clodagh Kerr - Career Services
Dr Martin Kilian - School of Mathematical Sciences
Ms Linda Lynch - Career Services
Dr Orla Ní Dhubhghaill - School of Chemistry
Dr Siobhán O'Mahony - Department of Anatomy & Neuroscience
Dr Dave Otway - School of Chemistry
Ms Deirdre Parker - Career Services
Dr Martina Scallan - School of Microbiology
Dr Eleni Tsalaporta - School of Engineering
Dr Paul Young - School of Biochemistry & Cell Biology
College TLSE Terms of Reference
The role of the College Teaching and Learning and Student Experience Committee is to advise and assist the Head of College in the leadership and management of teaching and learning and student experience in the College. Its specific responsibility is to advise and assist the Head of College and the College Council in the fulfilment of the teaching and learning and student experience aspects of the College Strategic Plan.
The College Teaching and Learning and Student Experience Committee comprises one member of each school (or academic unit) in the College appointed by the school, a representative of the researchers associated with the College through its schools or associated research units, and a chair appointed by the Head of College. The Head and Vice Head of College are ex officio members. Permission for occasional attendance by named alternates may be provided by agreement of the College Teaching and Learning and Student Experience Committee.
Members of the College or the wider University may be invited to attend for specific agenda items at meetings of the College Teaching and Learning and Student Experience Committee in order to provide advice and assistance.
Working within the general organisational structure of the College, in particular acting as an interface to Schools, to the University, and to the other Colleges, the remit of the College Teaching and Learning and Student Experience Committee includes
- Working with academic units, including all staff, to develop and implement aspects of the College Strategic Plan related to teaching and learning and the student experience
- Drafting strategic models, policies and procedures to support enhanced teaching and student learning in the College
- Advising on the enhancement of the working environment for staff and researchers involved in teaching activities in the College, including suitability of teaching and examining areas, support equipment, and support services.
- Drafting policies and procedures to preserve and enhance the working environment for students, and the overall undergraduate student experience in the College
- Encouraging debate and providing a forum for all aspects of teaching, learning and the student experience in the College
- Promoting staff development related to teaching, learning and the student experience
- Acting as an interface between the College and the office of the Vice Presidents for Teaching and Learning and the Student Experience, The Teaching and Learning Centre, Ionad Bairre and other Colleges
- Reporting to College Council meetings and preparing an annual report of activities
- Promoting excellence in Teaching & Learning and providing a College interface with University Teaching & Learning related quality measurement exercises
- Publicising College Teaching & Learning achievements
Meetings of the College Teaching and Learning and Student Experience Committee will be held once each month during term time. The Committee will report to the College Executive Management Committee (CEMC) and through CEMC to the College Council.
Summary reports of meetings of this Committee will be posted on the College website.