- About the College
- UCC STEM - 360° Virtual Reality Campus Experience
- Join us on a Tour of our University
- News and Events
- Contact Us
- Current Students
- Science, Engineering and Food Science Change and Transfer Requests
- Prospective Students
- Schools and Departments
- SEFS for Schools
- Development and Alumni
- Graduate School
- UCC-Teagasc Strategic Alliance
- Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D
- SEFS HR Resources
- SEFS Outreach & Public Engagement
- Teaching Delivery and Timetables in SEFS 2020-21
- PepsiCo Mentoring Programme
- Inaugural Lectures
College APCD Committee Membership
Chair: Dr Stuart Collins - School of Chemistry
Dr Kieran Herley - School of Computer Science & Information Technology
Dr Richard Kavanagh - School of Engineering & Architecture
Dr Sinead Kerins - School of Biochemistry & Cell Biology
Prof. Alan Dobson - School of Microbiology
Dr Vincent Healy - Dept of Physiology
Dr Bryan Kelleher - Dept of Physics
Dr Ben McKay - School of Mathematical Sciences
Dr Stephen Wills - School of Mathematical Sciences
Dr Siobhán O'Mahony - Dept of Anatomy
Dr David Jarvis - School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Ms Emily Chambers - College of SEFS
Ms Kate O'Brien - College of SEFS
Ms Anne Cahalane - School of Food & Nutritional Sciences
Dr Eileen O'Neill - School of Food & Nutritional Sciences
College APCD Committee Terms of Reference
College of Science, Engineering and Food Science
Terms of Reference for the SEFS Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development (APCD) Committee
1. Terms of Reference:
The role of the Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee in the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science (SEFS) is to advise and assist the Head of College and College Council in:
- reviewing proposals for new academic programmes;
- reviewing changes to existing programmes;
- advise and assist in the fulfilment of academic aspects of the College Strategic Plan.
The APCD comprises one member of each school (or academic unit) in the College. Members are appointed by the Unit.
The Head and Vice Head of College are ex officio
- Head of College
- Vice Head(s) of College
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, (inc. associate School of Geography)
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Associate Schools (Anatomy and Neuroscience; Physiology)
- Tyndall National Institute
The Committee Chair is appointed by the Head of College.
Permission for occasional attendance by named alternates may be provided by agreement of the APCD Chair.
As necessary, members of the College or the wider University may be invited to attend for specific agenda items at meetings of the APCD in order to provide advice and assistance.
Working within the general organisational structure of SEFS, in particular acting as an interface across Schools/University/other Colleges, the remit of the APCD includes:
- Review of proposals for new academic programmes already approved by Schools/Departments;
- Consideration of major and minor changes to existing programmes submitted by Schools/Departments;
- Review of changes to module descriptions, Marks and Standards, Calendar entries and learning outcomes to ensure that they are in accordance with College and University policies and to achieve a level of consistency desired by the College;
- Periodic review of existing programmes, in particular with a view to providing the Head of College and College Executive Management Team (CEMC) with expertise in relation to the implementation of the University’s Academic Strategy;
- The APCD will not consider applications from individual students.
4. Meetings, Quorum and Sub-Committees
- Meetings of the APCD shall be held monthly during term time.
- To be quorate, the attendance must be 50% of full members + 1.
5. Performance Evaluation
- The APCD shall, at least once every two years, review its own performance and its terms of reference and shall report its conclusions and recommend any changes it considers necessary to the CEMC.
- The APCD shall report formally to each meeting of the College Council.
- The APCD shall provide approved Minutes for noting at the CEMC.