STEM Student Ambassadors
We are hiring! Join our STEM Student Ambassador Programme
Calling all students from the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science (SEFS). Have you got what it takes to be a UCC STEM Student Ambassador?
Our ambassadors will be passionate about all things STEM, energetic, social media savvy, and studying a course afflliated with the College of SEFS.
You will perform duties including event support for the College of SEFS, and social media content creation to raise awareness of the College and our course offerings to domestic and international students, and employers.
You will support the College of SEFS in our student recruitment, outreach, and research engagement activities by providing a professional, public-facing service in a dynamic and fast-paced event environment.
You will create compelling social media content that highlights the College of SEFS as a vibrant research-led college of excellence, delivering a range of high quality undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in all STEM subjects.
- Event support – student recruitment events, international student welcome event, professorial lecture series, STEM Awards, outreach events such as Cork Carnival of Science, STEM Southwest, IWish, Cork Culture Night and Science Week events.
- Social Media – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, TikTok.
Takeovers and posts, reels, testimonial videos, ‘day in the life’ content.
- Amplifying SEFS content on other relevant social media platforms.
- Student help rate of €10.61 per hour applies for hours worked.
- Students will be paid on an hourly basis for rostered work only. Hours will vary depending on College of SEFS requirements.
- Minimum hours per student: 40 hours over the duration of your contract
- All participants will be eligible to apply for a UCC Employagility Award. This is a professional skills development programme, that demonstrates students have engaged in, and developed professional skills through extra-curricular activities and work experience.
- Develop key graduate attributes and transferrable skills that will give you a competitive edge in the workplace.
- Network with industry contacts, employers, and university staff.
Duration of contract:
- Academic year 2022-2023
Location of work and supervision
- Social media – remote work, using your own devices.
- Event management – in the event location - on campus or off campus.
- Supervision – various College of SEFS staff members dependant on nature of activity.
- Meetings will be conducted on campus, in person or online via MS Teams.
How to apply:
- Please complete the APPLICATION FORM
- Interview process for selection of candidates after application stage.
Patricia Finucane, Marketing and Communications Manager, College of SEFS: email@example.com