Day in the Life Competition
Explore This Page
Our students are at the centre of everything we do here in the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science (SEFS). We want to hear about your experience as a UCC SEFS student! We have multiple prizes up for grabs at a College and School/Department level for this STEM Student Day in the Life Competition. Enter now, and show us how you do 'Your Day, Your Way'!
It is all about balance in how we achieve success and how we achieve that balance varies between us individually. We want to hear from you about your day as a SEFS student in UCC. That mixture of your day-to-day academic experience to how you look after your wellbeing is key to getting on that podium.
We only have one rule; Maximum video length: 90 seconds.
Please submit all videos to our Marketing and Comms Manager, Patricia Finucane: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Prizes Can You Win?
- Overall Winner: €1000 plus complimentary Video Production Bootcamp Course run by the Vidacademy
- Runner-up: €500
- Individual school/departments winners: up to €300
Your entry checklist:
- Completed video authorisation form (Word Document or PDF Document).
- Your name, student number, email, School/Department, Programme and year of study if applicable.
- Your 90 second video.
UCC Film Recording Authorisation Form (Word Document)
UCC Film Recording Authorisation Form (PDF Document)
In need of some inspriation? Check out these useful videos to help you along the way.
Terms and Conditions
- All prizes will be given in 'MetoYou' vouchers to the monetary value available for that prize.
- The overall College of SEFS winner will not be eligible for a second prize within their academic unit and same conditions apply for the EDI College-wide prize.
- Closing Date 31 May and winners to be announced in June.
- This competition is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate UCC SEFS students.
- By submitting your video and signing the authorisation form you are granting permission to the university, College of SEFS or your school/department to use your video for promotional purposes across social media in the future.
- The competition will be judged by a judging panel with an external judging panelist and panelists from the wider university community.
- Your entry is only valid if both the authorisation form and details outlined above are included in the submission.