College APCD Committee Membership
Chair: Dr Stuart Collins - Dept of Chemistry
Dr Tony Sheehy - School of Food & Nutritional Sciences
Dr Derek Bridge - School of Computer Science & Information Technology
Dr Richard Kavanagh - School of Engineering
Dr Sinead Kerins - School of Biochemistry & Cell Biology
Dr Max Dow - School of Microbiology
Dr Vincent Healy - Dept of Physiology
Dr Frank Peters - Dept of Physics
Dr Stephen Wills - School of Mathematical Sciences
Dr Yvonne Nolan - Dept of Anatomy
Ms Emily Chambers - College of SEFS
Ms Anne Cahalane - School of Food & Nutritional Sciences
College APCD Committee Terms of Reference
The role of the College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee is to advise and assist the Head of College and College Council in reviewing proposals for new academic programmes and changes to existing programmes in the College, and to advise and assist the Head of College and the College Council in the fulfilment of academic aspects of the College Strategic Plan.
The College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee comprises one member of each school (or academic unit) in the College appointed by the school, and a chair appointed by the Head of College. The Head and Vice Head of College are ex officio members. Permission for occasional attendance by named alternates may be provided by agreement of the College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee.
As necessary, members of the College or the wider University may be invited to attend for specific agenda items at meetings of the College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee in order to provide advice and assistance.
Working within the general organisational structure of the College, in particular acting as an interface with Schools, to the University, and to the other Colleges, the remit of the College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee includes:
- Review of proposals for new academic programmes already approved by Schools/Departments;
- Consideration of major and minor changes to existing programmes submitted by Schools/Departments;
- Review of changes to module descriptions, Marks and Standards, Calendar entries and learning outcomes to ensure that they are in accordance with College and University policies and to achieve a level of consistency desired by the College.
- Periodic review of existing programmes with a view to providing the Head of College and College Management Team with information helpful to making decisions in relation to areas covered by Section 5 of the SEFS Strategic Plan.
- The College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee will not consider applications from individual students.
Meetings of the College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee will be held once each month during term time.
The Committee will report to the College Management Team and its chair will report on its activities to the College Council. Programmes and changes reviewed by the College Academic Programmes and Curriculum Development Committee will be processed through the College Office to AB Subgroup (Curriculum) and the appropriate administrative offices in UCC.
Summary reports of meetings of this Committee will be posted on the College website.