4. Selection Committee and Awards Ceremony
A Selection Committee (comprising a Chair, Vice Chair and six members) holds responsibility for evaluating nominations and determining the successful individual(s) or team(s) (as appropriate) for each award category in 2020.
Membership of the 2020 Selection Committee
- Chair, Academic Council Staff Development (ACSDC) Committee - Dr Louise Crowley
- Vice Chair: External Member of UCC Governing Body appointed by the President – Dr Valerie Mannix-Boyle
- ACSDC Member – Dr John McAvoy
- Representative of UCC Inter-Union Group -Mr Eoin Sheehan
- President UCC Students’ Union – Mr Naoise Crowley
- Representative of UCC Department of Human Resources – Dr Anne Gannon
- Member of GB People Committee - Mr Gary Hurley
- Member of GB Student Experience Committee - Ms Colette McKenna
Each year the selection procedure is as follows:
The Chair will convene the Selection Committee following the closing date for receipt of nominations.
The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations and determine the successful individual(s) or team(s) (as appropriate) for each award category.
Any Selection Committee member who accepts a nomination for an award will be required to withdraw from the Committee and a replacement must be designated by the SDC. If an SDC member, who is also a member of the Selection Committee, nominates an individual/team, or provides a supporting letter, he/she will be required to withdraw from the Selection Committee.
All awards are based on the merit of the nomination. The Selection Committee may decide not to select any nominees, or to select fewer nominees than the number of awards available, in a particular award category/categories. In that case, no award, or a reduced number of awards, will be presented for the particular category/categories.
Awards Ceremony 2020
The Awards Ceremony, hosted by the President, is an annual event. The 2020 Awards Programme will take place virtually on the 8th October 2020.
Any queries? Email email@example.com
Updated: October 2020