The FDC Group Scholarships (the Jack Murphy Scholarship)
At a glance
- Value: €12,500
- You must be applying for an MSc Programme at UCC to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
Purpose: To support up to six students participating in the MSc in Co-operatives, Agri-Food and Sustainable Development and/or the MSc in Management and Marketing.
Value: €12,500 per successful applicant. Successful applicants must complete the placement element of the MSc programme with the FDC Group.
Criteria: To be considered for a competitive Scholarship, the following criteria must first be met:
- Students must secure a minimum Second Class Honours Grade 1 in an approved primary degree or equivalent.
- Students must have applied for one of the two applicable programmes via the UCC Applications System, have received an offer and have accepted a place on either programme to qualify to apply for the scholarship.
- This Scholarship is open to all EU students.
Applications for the Scholarships must be made on the official application form and include name, contact details and qualifications with graduating institution(s). Applications for the Scholarship must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a short personal statement in response to the following (max 500 words per question):
- Identify an important issue facing Rural Ireland at present and propose a concise strategy to address this
- Outline in what way you could contribute to the development of Rural Ireland given the challenges identified in question 1
- Finally, outline
- Your reason for applying and academic background.
- Your previous achievements (academic or other notable achievements).
- Your future career
Applicants must name at least two referees – one academic and one professional.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday 20th August 2021.
A short list of candidates will be sent to the FDC Group on or before Monday 23rd August 2021 for review. Interviews will be scheduled for Tuesday 31st August 2021 and will take place at University College Cork. Once the Scholarships are awarded, successful candidates will be afforded three days to accept the Scholarship.
For full details of this scholarship and application form, click here.