UCC is located in the western part of Cork city, 1 km from the city centre. The main parts of UCC’s campus are along Western Road and College Road. Please note that car parking facilities at UCC are limited.
BY FOOT (OR BIKE)
From the city centre (Patrick Street/Grand Parade), take Washington Street to the west. Pass the old Court House (on your right) and later the River Lee Hotel (on your left). At the next traffic lights, enter the UCC College Gates.
- To walk from the city centre to UCC takes 15-20 minutes.
Cork Bus Station is located at Parnell Place in the city centre. The bus station is served by all Bus Eireann local and intercity services.
- To get to UCC, use city buses No 205 (CIT/Rossa Avenue) or No 208 (Bishopstown) from the bus station or at nearby St Patrick Street.
Cork Airport is 8 km south of Cork city centre. There are several flights a day from London-Heathrow or Amsterdam (both AerLingus) and London Stanstead or Gatwick (RyanAir). Note also direct flights to Cork from Munich, Zurich, Paris, Barcelona, Wroclaw and other European cities.
- Bus connections to/from the Cork airport are provided by Bus Eireann (route No 226 to Cork Bus Station).
- A taxi journey to UCC will take 10–20 minutes and will cost about €12–18.
Dublin Airport is Ireland's biggest airport. It offers a wider range of direct flight connections, such as Berlin - Dublin. There is a convenient and hourly bus connection from Dublin Airport directly to Cork city centre, offered by Aircoach. Buses leave directly from Dublin Airport. Tickets can be purchased at the bus station, but are cheaper if booked online. An alternative to Aircoach is gobus.ie. The commute takes about 3h.
For connections between Kerry Airport and Cork City or Shannon Airport and Cork City please check the website of Bus Eireann
- Train services by Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail) to Cork stop at Kent Station.
- Hourly intercity services from Dublin Heuston to Cork Kent Station (2.5-3 hours)
- City bus No 205 services operate between Kent Station and UCC
- For details, see www.irishrail.ie
- Taxis from the train station to UCC cost about €10-15.
Please note that the majority of the city Parkind Discs are in operation (1-2 hours, depending on location).
- take Washington Street/Western Road towards the west
- pass the River Lee Hotel (on your left)
- at the next traffic lights, turn left
- drive up O’Donovan’s Road and turn right on to College Road. UCC’s visitor car park is immediately on your left (entrance from Perrott Avenue)
- Visitor Parking at UCC
- From Limerick (N20)
- Follow the N20 into Cork until you cross the River Lee (Cork Opera House is in front of you)
- Turn right onto the quays and pass two more bridges to your right (You’ll see the Gate Cinema on your left)
- Take the first road to the left (Grattan Street)
- At the third traffic lights turn right into Washington Street.
- For all other routes
From the South Ring Road (N40) to Wilton/Sarsfield Road Roundabout, follow signs for Cork University Hospital/City Centre.
- Pass the Wilton roundabout, exiting at Wilton Road.
- Turn right at the next traffic lights (Dennehy’s Cross) and keep left at the next roundabout for College Road.
- For Western Road continue down Wilton Road, follow the right bend and cross the bridge. The UCC Western Gateway Building is on your right. At Gaol Cross turn right, Perrott’s Inch car park is on your left.