Researchers & Postgraduate Researchers
Explore this page
Overview guidance for researchers, research support staff & postgraduate researchers
See Latest Updates for Research Continuity for summary of current measures/guidance and permitted research-related activities:
- Permitted access to research facilities includes desk-based research/write-up areas and office work.
- Fieldwork (non-human studies) and human-based studies (Research at Interface with Society or Volunteers on Campus research) are also permitted.
PIs/Snr Researchers should consult the guidance available on the Research Continuity webpage for PIs & Managers.
For all researchers/staff/research students:
- Prior approval must be obtained before commencing research, see Research Continuity Approval & Reporting Processes.
For all researchers:
Postgraduate Research Students
- Approvals for access and research activities must be via the supervisor, who will liaise with the appropriate Head of Unit for prior approval.
- Research postgraduate students must undertake the Covid-19 Student Induction Training, available on Canvas, prior to undertaking their research.
- Students must liaise with their supervisor to ensure access/their research has obtained the necessary approval, before commencing their research.
- See UCC Emergency Management Team - Teaching Delivery, Research, and On-Campus Activity for the full range of campus guidance currently in place.
Postdoctoral/early-career researchers and research support staff
- Liaise with your PI/manager
- Prior to researchers/staff returning to campus/resuming research, they must complete the Covid-19 Induction Training and submit a Pre-Return to Work Form.
- Research facility access (on campus): the research area manager/designated person will facilitate approval
- Fieldwork and human-focused studies:
- Postdoctoral researchers may be required to draft/contribute to the Covid-19 Response Plan documentation for their research study, see Guidelines for Human-Focused Research, Guidelines for Fieldwork and Guidelines for Travel for Research
- Documentation must be submitted to, and prior approval must be obtained from, the relevant Head of Unit, and in some instances additional approval may be required from the Head of College, see Research Continuity Approval & Reporting Processes.
- See UCC Emergency Management Team - Teaching Delivery, Research, and On-Campus Activity for full range of campus guidance currently in place.