Guidelines for Fieldwork Research Activities
Contents of page:
- Refer to the Template for Covid-19 Response Plan – Fieldwork (see Research Continuity Further Guidelines and Templates).
- Prior approval must be obtained before researchers can undertake fieldwork activities.
- All Fieldwork CRP Documentation requires approval, including any updates to a previously approved Covid-19 Response Plan (CRP) Documentation for Fieldwork.
- Approval must be obtained by submitting your documentation to the Head of School/RICU, or where delegated the Head of Department/equivalent.
- CRPs are living documents, therefore the Fieldwork Covid-19 Documentation and must be updated accordingly: changes to the CRP and Risk Assessment; changes to the investigational site (or adding a new one); change in research personnel.
- National Covid-19 Level 5 Restrictions:
- In addition to approved CRP Documentation, researchers (PIs) must complete and submit a Justification for Continuation of Essential Research during Level 5 Restrictions 2021 form (accessed at Research Continuity Further Guidelines and Templates), to obtain prior approval.
- Additional approval may be required by the Head of College (see RBCT Research Continuity Approval & Reporting Processes).
- National Covid-19 Level 1-5 (all) Restrictions:
- Where the approving person (Head of School/RICU, or where delegated Head of Department/equivalent) is directly involved in the Fieldwork study, approval is required from the Head of College.
Guidelines for Covid-19 Response Plan (CRP) Documentation for Fieldwork
Use the Template for Covid-19 Response Plan – Fieldwork (accessed at Research Continuity Links Guidelines & Templates), to draft/update your response plan.
The CRP Documentation for Fieldwork includes the CRP and Risk Assessment.
Covid-19 Response Plan, which details
- A Statement of Assurance from the Head of School/RICU and during national Level 5 Restrictions (where required) a Letter of Assurance from the Head of School/RICU to the Head of College, a template for this Letter of Assurance can be accessed at Research Continuity Links Guidelines & Templates [insert link to page]).
- A Letter of Approval/Authorisation for Travel as/if required.
- A Policy Statement
- The investigational site
- Detail persons of responsibility for the Fieldwork Study
- Detail of researchers undertaking the Research
- Overview of the Study
- Reference to mandatory training (including Covid-19 Induction Training for researchers) and the mandatory Return to Work Form prior to undertaking the research.
- Covid-19 Infection Control Measures
- Relevant SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Travel considerations (also see Travel Guidelines for Researchers, accessed at Research Continuity Links Guidelines & Templates [insert link to page]).
- A Travel to Work/Study Letter if/as required
- Protocols in place for what to do if a researcher develops Covid-19 symptoms while out engaging in the Fieldwork Activity.
- A system to log the engagement/activity of named researchers undertaking Fieldwork, for instance the date/detail of the named researcher travelling to named investigation site to undertake named study.
- Any relevant insurance requirements.