Research Business Continuity Supports
Following an Irish Government Directive, UCC campus was closed on the 12th March in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Government has since released a roadmap to ease COVID-19 restrictions and reopen Ireland’s economy and society. A Research Business Continuity Team (RBCT) was established in UCC in April and has been working with the community to plan for the restarting the research activity on campus in line with national guidelines.
Research Business Continuity Updates:
- Returning to Campus – the Campus Business Continuity Team (CBCT): Please note that further documentation and guidelines have been prepared by the CBCT to ensure effective university wide delivery on national guidelines and requirements. Please follow the link here to access further information regarding Returning to Campus.
- New & Returning Researchers: We would be grateful if you could submit revised protocol/list of researchers who are accessing your facility in October to encompass all new researchers/returning researchers who have (re)commenced since your original submission to RBCT. Please highlight any amendments to your protocol/list of researchers to expedite the review process.
- Letters of Authorisation: From September 2020, in line with the reopening of campus by the CBCT, Letters of Authorisation are no longer required.
Got any Questions or Queries? Please contact RSS Research Officer, Dr Irene Kavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org
The RBCT team has provided the created the following documents to assist Heads of School and Directors of RICUs in reopening their facilities.
- Principles of Access
- Restricted Access Guidelines
- Restricted Access Guidelines Fieldwork
- Restricted Access Guidelines Research at Interface with Society
- Restricted Access Guidelines for Healthy Volunteer Research on Campus
- Protocol for Third Party Access to UCC Facilities (subcontractors & maintenance staff)
- Principles of Access for Desk-Based Research & Write-up Space
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment Guide & Risk Assessment Template
- Letter of Assurance Template
- Letter of Assurance Template (Fieldwork)
- Letter of Assurance Template (Research at Interface with Society)
- Sample Digital Sign-in Sheet for recording access to rooms
- Volunteer Declaration (to be used where research volunteers come onto Campus)