Application Form & Templates
- Please read the updated UCC Code of Research Conduct before completing the SREC application form.
- Please email the completed SREC application form (see below) and associated documents as one pdf document to email@example.com
- Please ensure that the application is signed by the applicant and, if under academic supervision, the supervisor(s) also.
- Sample informed consent form/assent forms/information sheet templates are provided below (you are not obliged to use these templates).
- A pre-review process will be undertaken and incomplete applications will be returned to applicants.
- Applicants should ensure that they give themselves a good lead-in time in applying for ethical approval. Once applications are logged for review, applicants should expect to have feedback from SREC within 2 to 4 weeks, with a decision within 6 to 10 weeks.
- For comprehensive advice on data collection, storage, and sharing, see page 6 of the SREC application form below. See also our FAQ.
- Please note that due to a high workload, we are currently unable to provide a consultation and advice service. However, we have created a new SREC training series with essential information to help you develop your application. These cover: 1) common application errors, 2) virtual data collection platforms, 3) secondary research and archival research, 4) informed consent, 5) research with vulnerable participants, 6) advice for doctoral students and academic supervisors.
- To help you submit an application that is properly completed and ready to be logged for review, please read and follow the guidelines in our Guidance for SREC Applicants