Application Form & Templates
- Please read the updated UCC Code of Research Conduct before completing the SREC application form.
- Please email the completed SREC application form (see below) and associated documents as one pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure that the application is signed by the applicant and, if under academic supervision, the supervisor(s) also.
- Sample informed consent form/assent forms/information sheet templates are provided below (you are not obliged to use these templates).
- A pre-review process will be undertaken and incomplete applications will be returned to applicants.
- Applicants should ensure that they give themselves a good lead-in time in applying for ethical approval. Once applications are logged for review, applicants should expect to have feedback from SREC within 2 to 4 weeks, with a decision within 6 to 10 weeks.
- For comprehensive advice on data collection, storage, and sharing, see page 6 of the SREC application form below. See also our FAQ.
- Please note that due to a high workload, we are currently unable to provide a consultation and advice service. However, we have created a new SREC training series with essential information to help you develop your application. These cover: 1) common application errors, 2) virtual data collection platforms, 3) secondary research and archival research, 4) informed consent, 5) research with vulnerable participants, 6) advice for doctoral students and academic supervisors.
- To help you submit an application that is properly completed and ready to be logged for review, please read and follow the guidelines in our Guidance Doc for SREC Applicants Update July 2022