- What is an Institutional Research Information System (IRIS)?
- What are the benefits of having a Researcher Profile?
- How do I first log-in to the IRIS system?
- I can’t log in? Forgot your IRIS account details?
- Does the system work from home?
- How do I add a Journal title?
- How do I edit my Profile?
- Tips for updating your Profile:
- Can I paste my information from elsewhere?
- Can I put images into my IRIS profile, if so how?
- Is there an Easier Way to Enter Data?
- Will the Data be Safe?
- How do I publish my Profile?
- How do I Export my Data to MS Word?
- Will It Take A Lot of Time to Use?
- I have made amendments but I don’t see them in my published profile?
- Do we conform to standard data protection legislation?
IRIS (Institutional Research Information System) will enable researchers to easily maintain an up-to-date CV and showcase their research expertise..
IRIS will save both time and effort by enabling you to maintain your research profile in an easy-to-use, web-based application.
- Feeds for staff profiles on School/Department websites
- Once published, your profile will allow your colleagues and others to more easily cite your publications in referencing
- Seamless integration with the Cork Open Research Archive (CORA) - UCC's Institutional Repository
- IRIS also allows accurate measurement and analysis of research output activity to support effective strategic planning
- Automatic updates from University systems including HR, Student Registration, Financial
- Multiple options for downloading information for your own use.
Navigate to the following URL: https://iris.ucc.ie
- Enter your email address as the username (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your password, when first logging in, is allocated by the IRIS Co-ordinator.
- Click the login button
You can click on the “forgot my password” link, which will send you an email with your password. Alternatively contact the IRIS Help Desk: email@example.com
Yes, as IRIS is a web based programme it is fully accessible off campus and worldwide.
If when you click on the Journal look-up button and type in a keyword your Journal is not displayed in the listing, please email the Journal title and ISSN to the IRIS Co-ordinator for inclusion in the Master Listing.
When you first login to the profiles system you will be brought to the homepage. Click on the Edit Profile tab in navigation bar to begin editing.
You can select the section of your profile to edit using the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the page.
Help specific to each individual page is available by clicking on the question mark icon on the right hand side of the page.
Before entering any peer reviewed journals, check, if applicable, whether they are available from the Pubmed or Web of knowledge list by clicking into the “claim area”
Yes, when copying and pasting text, it is advisable to first paste the text into Notepad or Wordpad as this removes unwanted formatting.
Yes you can! If you would like to insert images into your profile, please send the image to the IRIS Co-ordinator who will upload your images to our IRIS image store, and insert into your profile for you.
IRIS takes data feeds from many systems internally and externally to the University to make data entry as easy as possible.
There are some things you can do to make the process of entering data a bit easier
- Use the Tab key to change fields
- When selecting an item on a list, type the first letter of the item
- Import peer reviewed journals and conference publications from Pubmed or Web of Knowledge
- If you hold your publications in Endnote, Bibtex or RIS format, these can be easily imported directly into IRIS .
Your IRIS account is password protected. You need to ensure that you have a secure password.
The information will be maintained and archived as long as you still have a campus account.
Click on the Manage Profile tab in navigation bar to begin publishing.
Select Content Select the content you want to include form each section of your profile using the show all/hide all buttons
Use the Up and Down arrows after the title of each section to raise or lower them in the order. In all of the other sections you can also re-order the individual items by clicking and dragging them into the sequence that you wish for them to be displayed
The final step in the process is to Press Save to save your profile and Publish to publish your profile. In doing so, this will ensure that your profile will appear in the Staff Profiles section of the web pages for your Department/School or Institute webpages
By navigating to the CV Builder in Step 3 you can export your data to MS Word
It may take some time to validate your information at the start. After that, though, it will be easy to make changes and add new information. Moreover, you will always be able to produce a new CV or report on demand in only a few clicks.
Also, it's worth considering that the time you spend entering data now will be time you don't have to spend filling out annual report submissions and grant applications later. IRIS can save you time and energy in the long run.
Once you have made any amendments, you need to select the content and republish your profile to the web for the changes to take effect.
As a general principle the system is self-service in nature and all data entered is at the discretion and the full control of the end user.