- Deputy President & Registrar HOME
- Professor John O'Halloran
- Offices of Academic Affairs & Registry
- Dean of Graduate Studies
- Student Experience
- International Office
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Unit
- Ionad na Gaeilge Labhartha
- Centre for Global Development
- The Connected University
- Academic Strategy Implementation
- Academic Work Distribution Model
The Student Hub
At UCC, we are all about being connected…
Creating a connected space that promotes collaboration, innovation and new ways of learning in the centre of campus has been a UCC ambition for the last ten years. We are pleased to announce that the new Student Hub building is due to completed by the end of 2018, and will open its doors in early 2019.
The ‘Student Hub Project’, designed by world-renowned architects O’Donnell + Tuomey, is transforming the historic Windle Building into a dynamic hub of connective student activity at the centre of the campus.
Located between the main quadrangle and the Kane Building, the building will be a state-of-the-art facility for students, staff and visitors to the university alike, in the heart of University College Cork’s beautiful iconic campus.
Your New Student Hub will be:
- A major investment in our students future that builds on the richness of a traditional university to now provide a new chapter, characterised by collaboration, interactivity, innovation and creativity.
- A place where learning is social; the hub will provide rich opportunities for formal and informal learning creating a 21st century university experience and engaging students and staff in a unique educational and student experience.
- Connecting a wide array of diverse spaces and services in one central location, including Student Experience, Academic Administration, Learning & Teaching, and Student Life.
- Next generation teaching and learning spaces characterised by being flexible, social and technology rich.
- The colocation of student services staff will encourage new learning and better work practices. This integration will empower staff and students alike to reach their full potential at both a personal and professional level
Why the Student Hub?
Our vision is to create a central seamless space for staff and students that promotes connection and collaboration with life long and life wide innovative learning initiatives within UCC, our community, and globally.
What principles are guiding us?
- We want a connected space: that is interactive, flexible and adaptable to current and future learning needs.
- We want a collaborative space: that facilitates teamwork, innovation, and creativity in a learner led environment.
- We want a supportive space: that respects, protects, inspires, and promotes our diverse community of students and staff in an inclusive manner.
What services will move to the Student Hub?
- Career Services
- UCC Plus (including the Student Assistance Fund and Student Budgetary Advice)
- Mature Students Office
- Disability Support Service
- Peer Support Coordinator
- Students' Union
- Student Societies
- Radio Station
- Student Central
What else will be in the Student Hub?
- Various large and small diverse spaces for events, meetings, group work, seminars, fairs, etc.
- Formal and informal learning and teaching spaces
- Kitchenettes with microwaves and hot water
What’s in it for students?
- A range of UCC student services located under one roof
- Improved referral across UCC services when needed
- Dedicated student project rooms and meeting spaces
- Easier access to Clubs, Societies, and your Student’s Union
- An accessible, sustainable modern building
What’s in it for staff?
- State of the art renovated and new spaces for work
- Innovative and diverse learning and teaching spaces for workshops, modules, seminars, trainings, etc.
- Central reference and referral point for students and staff on campus
What’s in it for the surrounding UCC community?
- New spaces for community organisations to use
- Opportunities to be involved in workshops, seminars etc.