- Deputy President & Registrar HOME
- Professor John O'Halloran
- Offices of Academic Affairs & Registry
- Dean of Graduate Studies
- Student Experience
- International Office
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Unit
- Ionad na Gaeilge Labhartha
- Centre for Global Development
- The Connected University
- Academic Strategy Implementation
- Academic Work Distribution Model
Student Central @ The Hub
On this page, you can find out more about Student Central, including its aims, activities and the ways in which it will benefit our students and staff.
What is Student Central?
Student Central is a new collaborative service delivery model within the UCC Registry and Fees area, designed to provide an outstanding service to students throughout the student lifecycle. The Student Central team will be the initial point of contact for enquiries relating to academic administration and will be based in the new Student Hub building when it opens in 2019.
What is the vision for the Student Central?
To build a culture of service excellence at University College Cork through greater collaboration between professional academic administrative services, producing tangible improvements to services to students.
What are the benefits?
- To minimise the number of offices a student must visit in order to meet their needs through cross training, use of technology and an appropriate location.
- To help students to interact more effectively and efficiently with UCC by increased knowledge, collaboration and co-location with other Student Services.
- To enhance efficiency and quality of service to students through greater accessibility and the use of technology.
- To create a more joined-up and intuitive experience for UCC students and staff relating to academic administration
What’s in it for you? Depending on the area you work in, you will:
- Have a chance to contribute to how administrative services are delivered for students
- Be able to point students in the right direction, rather than having to manage queries yourself
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across different areas to solve problems and provide a more seamless process for students
- Have a forum to share your ideas for developing and enhancing the services provided through Student Central
- Have opportunities to apply for a new role on the Student Central Team