At annual registration, students will submit a self-assessment of the extent to which they have developed relevant values and attributes
Explore this action
At annual registration, students will submit a self-assessment of their development of a distinct set of values and attributes. Spikey profiles will be generated, providing students with a graphical illustration of their baseline level. Students will be prompted towards ways to further develop their core values and attributes, as relevant to their performance in the self-assessment.
|Scoping of potential IT systems||Completed Summer 2019|
|Procurement Support Request||Initiated 9th September 2019|
|Tender Request submitted to Procurement Office||Completed 18th September 2019|
|Request for Tender Form Completion||Expected End of October 2019|
|Tender Process to Begin||Beginning of November 2019|
|Evaluation - Procurement Office & GAP||Q1 2020|
|Completion of Contract||Q1 2020|
|Pilot of Self-Assessment Survey (BA programme)||Q2 2020|
|Full Roll-out of Survey Tool university wide||Q3 2020|
- Academic staff in several disciplines currently engaged to assist in the development of survey input to measure values
- Academic staff across disciplines and the Skills Centre are engaged in the outputs of developing further initiatives, aligning them with graduate attributes - ongoing.
Timelines & Targets
|Canvas VLE trialled as a Proof of Concept||Complete|
|Scoping of full technical systems||Complete|
|Tender Process for Software||Expected end Q4 2019|
|Development of survey questions||Expected end Q4 2019|
|Pilot Project using BA cohort of students||Q2 2020|
|Full roll-out of Self-Assessment System||Q3 2020|
|Development of projects and initiatives developing attributes||Ongoing|
Scoping, testing and reviewing of various IT supporting systems was completed in Summer 2019. The Office of Government Procurement and Education Procurement Service have both responded to our PSR request and confirmed that UCC Procurement can proceed with tendering. Tender Request Form has been completed, and a tender process will begin November 2019.
With regard to full implementation in UCC, a pilot project with BA students will begin in Q2 2020. Full roll out of the self-assessment software and tools will be complete for Q3 2020.
Project is hugely collaborative with IT Services, Information Services Project Management Office, Graduate Attributes Programme, UCC Procurement Office, Centre for Digital Education, UCC Career Services and UCC Skills Centre.
- A significant Consultation and Communications Plan was launched September 23rd and 24th
- A Press Release was issued, a national promotional video was released, a brand-new website and social media suite of products were disseminated.
- On October 1st a one-hour workshop was facilitated on the Graduate Attributes Programme “Transitions In” stages for Guidance Counsellors.
- Employer Advisory Board is currently being reviewed, with completion by Q4 2019.
- Employer and other stakeholders, such as Guidance Counsellors and Parents, as part of the continued Consultation and Communications Plan will be key to developing and reviewing the self-assessment tool outlined in the current timelines and targets above.
Staff interested in inputting into the self-assessment survey can contact the Graduate Attributes Programme – email@example.com