Mission Statement for the University
To create, preserve and communicate knowledge and, thereby, contribute to the cultural social and economic well-being of the people of Munster, Ireland and the world.
That the University:
- Provide outstanding education in undergraduate, and selected professional and graduate areas;
- Produce research, scholarship and creative work of an excellence that is recognised internationally, nationally, and locally;
- Provide an equitable and fair environment, focussed on learning, for both students and staff;
- Provide a high quality of undergraduate student experience;
- Build on and enhance a strong tradition of community and professional service.
In order to assist in the achievement of its mission and vision for the future the University has established procedures for quality improvement and quality assurance. Underlying these is a set of principles that inform our approach. Clear understanding and acceptance of these principles by all staff is essential if the quality improvement/quality assurance system is to work effectively.