Job opportunities - archivedJob opportunities - archived
Post-Doctoral Researcher / Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher
Location: Cork, Ireland
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Closing Date: 20 Sep 2019
School: School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES)
College: College of Science, Engineering and Food Science
University College Cork, Ireland
Please note that this position can be filled at Post-Doctoral or Senior Post-Doctoral level, depending on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
UV-SINTEC is a multidisciplinary project, funded by Science Foundation Ireland, investigating the use of novel LED technology, particularly in the UV spectrum, to aid in the understanding and optimisation of plant growth for sustainable cropping.
This post will provide an exciting opportunity for an experienced Post-Doctoral Plant Scientist to work in metabolite analysis of plants and to analyse effects of UV exposure on specific metabolites.
The duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Setting-up of an analytical HPLC facility within BEES,
- Measurements of plant metabolites in relation to UV exposure,
- Liaise with key external collaborators in terms of technical protocols,
- Train two PhD-students, who are part of the project, in metabolite analysis,
- Report writing and presentation delivery,
- Report directly to the Principal Investigator on a weekly basis via written progress reports and face-to-face meetings.
The candidate should have a PhD qualification, and relevant experience to this post.
For full details on Criteria, and Duties and Responsibilities see the position advert at the UCC Website.
Post Duration: This is a fixed-term, full time post for up to 33 months
Salary: â‚¬37,221 - â‚¬44,266 p.a. (postdoc); â‚¬45,540 - â‚¬48,205 p.a (senior postdoc)
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Prof. Marcel AK Jansen (Principal Investigator)
Email Address: email@example.com
Please submit a short cover letter and your C.V. to Prof. MAK Jansen, firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the closing date 20th September 2019.