UCC Niteline Online Listening T&C
UCC Niteline Terms and Conditions
The use of the Online Listening Services (the Services) by a person (you) is subject to these terms of service. These terms of service contain important information, including warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability. Your use of the Services constitutes acceptance of these terms of service.
1. Access and communication
We do not warrant that you will have continuous access to the Services. We will not be liable in the event that the website is unavailable to you due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities or interruption in telecommunications supply. You are reminded that if the Services are unavailable, you may access Nitelink services by telephone.
We aim to provide a secure service. To this end we ensure that our computers are regularly updated with anti-virus software. All instant chat messages are encrypted.
You are responsible for the maintenance and protection of your own computer and for regularly updating your security software. You are responsible for making the necessary arrangements to ensure confidentiality from your end during sessions and afterwards where computers may be shared.
We have no responsibility for your telephone or computer system, your software data or technical difficulty occurring in connection to this website. We no responsibility and have no liability in regard to any computer viruses or computer corruption to your computer.
You have the option to remain anonymous.
If you do choose to disclose personal details then we will take care to protect your confidentiality.
You accept that there are limits to confidentiality. While the content of the sessions and your identity is treated with the strictest confidence, this may cease should you disclose criminal activity, child sexual abuse, or material which leads us to believe that you pose a threat to the safety of yourself or others or where the safety of a minor is threatened.
We do not guarantee the delivery of communications over the internet as such communications rely on third party service providers. We do not provide, and have no control over, communication, networks or services, the internet or other technology used or required to access the website and accept no responsibility for any direct or indirect loss in any form associated with them, whether due to congestion, technical malfunction, viruses or otherwise.
The information provided during the Services is for general information purposes only. The information provided during the Services is not and should not be regarded as advice, including legal or medical advice.
We do not give any express or implied warranties and make no representations in relation to the Services. Information on the Services should not be used without validating that information from appropriate sources and obtaining professional advice where it is prudent to do so. You should make and rely upon your own assessments and enquires to verify the accuracy of the information provided.
You are fully responsible for their actions, decisions and behaviours, during, between and after therapy sessions.
The Services are not suitable for suicidal crisis; if you are suicidal please contact the emergency services.
While sessions provide the space for you to work through difficult feelings and emotions, we will not accept threatening or abusive behaviour. Such behaviour may result in the session ending.
Users of the Services are not permitted to attempt to damage the website in any way through the introduction of viruses, Trojans, trolls, or any form of malicious or harmful technology. Details of
any breach of this will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
In using the Services you must not:
- engage in any commercial activity including marketing, advertising or commercial promotion of goods or services, data mine or use robots or other data collection methods;
- impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- post, link to, or otherwise communicate or distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information, or otherwise use the Online Counselling Services in a manner which is unlawful or would infringe the rights of another person including any intellectual property rights.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are a student of UCC
- You accept that the publication of details pertaining to sessions must not be undertaken without our prior written consent.
- You agree that we cannot be held responsible for providing services to you in the event of a crisis or emergency situation. While we will do our best to continue to provide services as appropriate if a crisis or emergency develops during a session, you may need to contact the appropriate emergency services.
- You agree that you are seeking the Services for personal purposes and that you are not using any of our services to undertake research for either private use, use for study/projects/assignments of any kind private or public, or in an educational or training capacity, or for publication, or to plagiarise any of our material.
We may at any time immediately terminate your access (including restricting access) to the Services for any reason (including due to your breach or alleged breach of these terms of service) in our sole discretion and without prior notice. Any limitations of our liability survive such termination.