Networking Week 2021
Annual International Networking Week at the School of Nursing and Midwifery
Our annual International Week scheduled for November 2020 is being postponed until February 2021 in light of Covid-19. The focus will remain on celebrating the WHO designated International Year of the Nurse and Midwife. The week is scheduled for the 1st to the 5th February 2021.
The benefits you will get to partaking in the International Networking Week include:
- The opportunity to share details about your own field of expertise and explore the potential to collaborate with staff at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, UCC.
- Our students and staff will get to hear about your institution and country.
- The opportunity to combine the comprehensive programme organised by the School of Nursing and Midwifery with social and networking activities.
- The opportunity to visit healthcare services in the City.
Highlights of the week include:
- Seminars on Advanced Practice, Research Innovation, Teaching and Learning, Simulation, Nurse/Midwife Prescribing and Preceptorship, Nursing and Midwifery in an Irish context.
- The opportunity to participate and potentially present at the 20th Annual Research Conference (Thursday 4th February 2021). Abstract submission details available on the school’s website.
Networking Week 2019
International Networking Week at the School of Nursing and Midwifery
Delegates from Norway, Belgium, The Netherlands and Sweden
"It was very interesting and well organised." Eva Eelan & Greet Jorissen, Belgium.
"We had a nice instructive and meaningful week. We felt very welcome and the organization of the International Week was fantastic." Jan Veenstra & Marcel Kik, The Netherlands.
"It was a great week. This was my second time attending and as I want to further develop our international collaboration I hope to attend in 2020 as well. It was a very intensive week with all five days planned - great programme." Laura Darcy, Sweden.
International Networking Week at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, UCC 25th-29th November 2019.
Highlights of the week include:
- Seminars on Advanced Practice, Research Innovation, Teaching and Learning, Nurse/Midwife Prescribing and Preceptorship.
- Book and Exhibition Launch celebrating 25 years in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork.
- 19th Annual Research Conference (Thursday 28th November 2019).
We are looking forward to marking the 25-year history of the School (1994-2019) this year with a celebration on the evening of 27th November 2019 and the launch of a book marking the history of the School and indeed Nursing and Midwifery in this region. For enquires please contact Dr Aileen Burton at email@example.com
Networking Week 2018
"It was our pleasure to meet you and visit your country and University College Cork! The conference and visit to local hospital were very interesting and rewarding events. We had quite a lot of ideas and thoughts to bring with us to our colleagues."
Raija Tuovinen and Eeva Berg, Savonia University of Applied Sciences, School of Health Care, Kuopio, Finland
"It was a great experience to participate at the UCC's International Networking Event in Cork. The event gave us knowledge about UCC's Nursing programmes and opportunities for collaboration, as well as a possibility to share experiences with delegates from other European countries.
We also got to participate at the School of Nursing and Midwifery's Research Conference and witness UCC's high quality research.
Thanks to all the great employees at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, UCC."
Beate Solberg and Ashild Wik Despriee, Norway
".... we want to express our gratitude, once again, for the excellent welcome that you have given us at the International 3 Day Networking Event... the way in which it was carefully organized, allowed us an appreciation of UCC, and particularly the School of Nursing and Midwifery, as well as, its resources and potentialities."
Clementina Sousa and Mara Roche, Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo, Portugal
Delegates from Portugal, Finland, Swedan, UK and Norway