Plans for 2020-2021 Academic Year
Despite Covid-19, University College Cork has maintained ‘business as usual’ to the greatest extent possible by a rapid transition to remote learning and assessment. For the academic year 2020-2021 the School of Nursing and Midwifery will use a blended learning approach to support the delivery of its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Lectures will be delivered online and students will attend campus in smaller groups for face-to-face sessions, tutorials and practical work. This combination of online learning and traditional classroom-based elements is referred to as blended learning.
Students will have access to our outstanding academic, administrative and support team who will be on hand to provide guidance and assistance both remotely and face to face. Our Connected University has all the tools and services necessary to support our students’ learning and development through a combination of virtual and on-campus delivery. Please keep an eye on this section of the website which will update regularly.
Welcome to the First Year Class of 2020 -
Welcome to your first year at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork. We are really looking forward to welcoming you here at the start of term (week of the 28th September 2020). Congratulations on getting your place on one of our Nursing and Midwifery undergraduate programmes. We are really looking forward to meeting with you. Please read this welcome letter. - Welcome to First Year Nursing and Midwifery Students
Information for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students -
Full timetable and delivery information will be available once you register for your subjects/modules. All timetable information is subject to prevailing public health requirements (which may continue to evolve over the course of the academic year).
- Programme Commencement Dates for 2020-2021 and general guidance - letter for students PGUG 26th August 2020
- Information for Students attending the School of Nursing and Midwifery, UCC during the COVID-19 period - UG and PG INFORMATION FOR SoN&M STUDENTS - COVID
- COVID-19 and 2020 entry FAQS (add link to https://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/faq/covid-19and2020entryfaqs/ )
- University COVID-19 Updates and Guidance
- School of Nursing and Midwifery Educational and Wellbeing Supports