News and Views
IMI ranked in FT's global top 50 for executive education, a 'first' for Ireland
IMI (Irish Management Institute) is now one of the top 50 executive education providers in the world, according to the new Financial Times rankings.
This marks the first time an Irish executive education provider has been included in the top 50 list.
The rankings cover all diplomas, short and customised executive education designed and delivered by IMI.
"We are incredibly proud of entering into the Top 50 list of Executive Education Providers in the world," said Professor Patrick O'Shea, President, UCC.
"Since IMI joined the UCC family it has gone from strength to strength, positioning Irish business education as a leader on the global stage. I’m particularly excited about IMI’s capacity to use these accolades as a launchpad to expand its impact internationally, in partnership with UCC and Cork University Business School."
IMI, which merged with University College Cork in 2016, moved up 11 places in the Open rankings and five places in the Custom rankings.
Professor Ursula Kilkelly, Head of the College of Business and Law, UCC, said: “IMI’s outstanding ranking success is important international recognition of its position as a global leader in executive education. It reflects UCC’s ambition, together with the development of Cork University Business School, to position itself at the very top of business education nationally and internationally.”
The last two years have seen significant investments by IMI in its executive education facilities, programme portfolio and learning design, followed by a full relaunch of the IMI brand in early 2019 with a commitment to ‘Inspire Leadership Performance’.
In December last year, IMI became the highest new entrant to the elite European Business Schools Rankings for the first time.
"The journey we’ve been on over the last number of years is best demonstrated by the impacts we have had on our customer’s personal and working lives – that is where the real pleasure of the work comes from’ said Dr Simon Boucher, CEO of IMI.
"Entering into the top 50 in Executive Education in the world is a proud day for us, and a testament to the amazing businesses and leaders we support."
Highlights in the global rankings include:
- A first for Ireland as IMI is ranked in the Top 50 in executive education worldwide.
- The only provider in Ireland globally ranked for both Custom and Open programmes.
- Ranked number 1 in the UK and Ireland for gender diversity on Open-enrolment programmes, which includes IMI’s Diploma portfolio.
- Ranked number 1 in the UK and Ireland for growth on Open-enrolment programmes, which includes IMI’s Diploma portfolio.
- For the 11th successive year, IMI has been included in the global Financial Times rankings for the provision of customised executive education. IMI remains the only Irish executive education provider to qualify for these rankings.