- One in five Irish businesses have not started their sustainability journey and have no set commitments or targets for any critical sustainability issues
- Concerningly, three in five businesses do not have a dedicated sustainability strategy in place
- 35% reported they were “not at all aware” of the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)
- Four in five (81%) businesses believe digital technologies are important in accelerating their sustainability transition
News and Views
10 Nov 2022
09 Nov 2022
University College Cork (UCC) has launched a substantial new bursary fund to the value of €337,000 aimed at widening participation and furthering access to academia for students from under-represented socio-economic backgrounds.
04 Nov 2022
University College Cork (UCC), as the only Irish university with official observer status at the United Nations COP27 conference, is sending a delegation of researchers and students to the upcoming global summit in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.Read more
08 Nov 2022
Research Project will Map County’s Coastline to Access Impact of Erosion
Cork County Council and MaREI, the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) Research Centre for Energy, Climate and Marine at University College Cork (UCC), have agreed a pioneering partnership that will see the entire coast of Cork assessed and mapped for coastal erosion.Read more
07 Nov 2022
Nearly 90% of those living with Long COVID have not returned to their pre-Covid level of health, a new study finds.
The study of 988 participants conducted by APC Microbiome Ireland, a world-leading SFI research centre based at University College Cork (UCC), in conjunction with Cork University Hospital (CUH) and Long Covid Advocacy Ireland, provides greater insight into impact of Long COVID on quality of life, mental health and physical health of people in Ireland.Read more
04 Nov 2022
The Rector, and the Director of Development from the University of Oulu, Finland, visited University College Cork (UCC) on UNIC Day, November 3 to celebrate alliance between the institutions via UNIC, the European University of Post-Industrial Cities.Read more
27 Oct 2022
University College Cork (UCC) has today presented RTÉ journalist, producer, and presenter Derek Mooney with an Honorary Doctoral Degree in Science in recognition of his immense contribution in the field of natural history broadcasting.Read more
27 Oct 2022
• Researchers at APC Microbiome Ireland have proven that food can change mood.Read more
• A psychobiotic diet decreased stress and depressive symptoms in healthy volunteers.
• The findings reveal potential ways to manage and reduce stress through nutrition.
26 Oct 2022
Two letters from Lady Augusta Gregory and one from J.R.R. Tolkien are among the numerous items of great interest in an archive of material belonging to Robin Flower (1881-1946) that has been donated to University College Cork (UCC) by Flower’s grandson, Prof. John Mitchell.Read more
24 Oct 2022
University College Cork (UCC) and the Richard Harris Estate are delighted to announce that the archives of Richard Harris have been donated to UCC.
Richard Harris was one of the most iconic film actors of the late twentieth century. Nominated for two Academy Awards for This Sporting Life (1963) and The Field (1990), his other leading roles included the parts of King Arthur in Camelot (1967) and Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator (2000).Read more