Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
SURE AWARDS 2019
The College of Medicine and Health invites applications for Summer Undergraduate Research Awards (SURE) from undergraduate students in health-related disciplines in UCC to support their participation in research during summer 2019. The purpose of these awards is to foster an interest in research and to give the student an opportunity to become familiar with research techniques.
WHO should apply?
- Applicants must be undergraduate students who are not in the final year of their degree course.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at UCC.
- Applicants must be studying in a health-related discipline.
- Applicants must be conducting research with at least one UCC School of Medicine supervisor.
- Each applicant may submit only one application.
- Each supervisor may support only one student’s application.
WHAT is the value of the award?
Awards of up to €2,000 per student are available for a maximum of eight weeks’ research.
How many awards are available?
- School of Medicine: 5 awards
**NOTE: SURE APPLICATIONS CLOSED**
Potential SURE applicants should appraise themselves of the application timeframes and associated approval timeframes for those projects that require CREC approval. Click here for more information https://www.ucc.ie/en/crec/
RPAC advises applicants to contact CREC before advancing their application to appraise themselves of the most up to date situation regarding approval of applications.
*If CREC approval is required no funds will be awarded without the appropriate approvals.*