College of Medicine and Health Research Committee
School of Clinical Therapies
School of Dentistry
School of Medicine
School of Pharmacy
School of Public Health
School of Nursing & Midwifery
Representing CoMH RICUs
Health Innovation Hub Ireland (HIHI)
Director of Research Support Services, OVPRI.
Statistician from the School of Mathematics Sciences, SEFS.
CoMH Research & Innovation Coordinator - Admin
Committee Meeting Dates 2019/2020*
September 24 2019
November 12 2019
December 10 2019
Please submit documents to the Research Committee (email@example.com for review by 12pm the preceding Wednesday. Documents submitted for review after this timeline may be deferred until the next available meeting.
*Please note, these dates are subject to change.
Terms of Reference
UCC College of Medicine and Health Research Committee Terms of Reference
Role / Purpose
- The purpose of the College of Medicine and Heath (CoMH) Research Committee is to promote
and support high quality healthcare research, to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration
across the member Schools and to foster a culture of research within the CoMH and its
affiliated healthcare institutions.
Function and Objective:
- To promote high quality research endeavour within the CoMH as an integrated activity aligned
with our teaching mission.
- To develop and review policies and practices to improve the quality, impact and quantity of
research activity within the CoMH, to monitor their implementation and evaluate outcomes.
- To promote networking and interdisciplinary collaborative research between the member
Schools of the College.
- To organise regular college-wide research dissemination and networking events.
- To work with researchers and RICUs to promote and support grant applications to national
and international funding bodies.
- To communicate and publicise the successes and outputs of CoMH research activities through
a dedicated public relations strategy.
- To foster clinical research collaboration between affiliated healthcare institutions and the
CoMH and other Colleges within UCC.
- To foster and support research and development with industry partners in the region.
- To review the goals and monitor implementation of the CoMH Research Strategy.
Members and Terms of Membership:
The CoMH Research Committee membership is as follows:
- 1 representative from each of the Schools, with a named deputy, should that member be
unable to attend meetings.
- 1 representative of the APC Microbiome, INFANT, Cancer Research @ UCC and Health
Innovation Hub Ireland.
- A representative of the office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation.
- The CoMH Vice Dean of Research and Innovation (VDR&I)
- The CoMH Vice Dean of Graduate Studies and Interdisciplinary Learning
- The Research Support Officer to the CoMH VDR&I.
Membership will run for 3 years and is predicated on attendance of at least two meetings per year.
Any member absent for three consecutive meetings may be asked to resign their Committee
membership by the Chair. Membership of the Committee can be modified by the Chair; in consultation
with the CoMH VDR&I.
Six meetings per year or as required by the CoMH VDR&I or the Chair of the Committee. A quorate of
five members excluding Chair, will be required for each meeting. Meetings cancelled due to lack of a
quorate are to be rescheduled to take place within four weeks.
The committee will report to:
- The CoMH College Executive Committee.
- The Head of CoMH.
- The Office for the Vice President for Research and Innovation.