Information for Current and Future Mature Students
UCC has created a dedicated webpage (COVID-19 Information and Updates) which is regularly updated with real-time information and news.
Message to Current Students:
We in the Mature Student Office understand there are many challenges to be faced as you juggle being a citizen in the world and a full time student. The experience of feeling ‘pulled’ in different directions as you manage work, family, home, caring responsibilities, relationships and study is well documented in research and is referred to as the ‘pull of the greedy institutions’. The first institution is your family/personal life and the second institution is the University. It can feel as though neither one will give you a break! Covid-19 has added another layer to that. To assist you we have put together the following FAQ.
Is it possible to speak to a Student Advisor in the Mature Student Office.
- The staff of Access and Participation will be arranging online or telephone appointments for students.
- If you wish to book an appointment with a staff member of Access and Participation, please send an email to the relevant service and include the following information:
- Your full name and student number.
- The name of the staff member you are looking to speak with. (It may not always be possible to speak with the requested staff member, but we will try our best to facilitate each request).
- Dates and times that you are available for a phone call or video meeting.
- A brief outline of what the meeting is for.
- Please use the following email addresses to arrange an appointment with a staff member
- If you wish to speak with someone form the Mature Student Office, please email email@example.com
I am worried about having to type instead of write for my exams. Are there any resources to help me improve my typing?
How do I access the library
Managing your time while studying at home
- Please note this is not a crisis or emergency service. The crisis text line is 086 1800 280 (text ‘UCC’ 24/7 to chat anonymously to a trained volunteer. Any issue. Any time.)
- Samaritans 116 123 (24-hour freephone)
- Pieta House 1800 247 247 (24-hour freephone)
- Aware 1800 804 848 (10am-10pm freephone)
Message to Future Students
Departments are working hard behind the scene processing new applications, and responding to applicants’ queries. The University is currently reviewing options, including alternative arrangements for applicants to programmes where face-to-face interviews would ordinarily take place (including mature applicants and those with an entrance exam). The academic unit(s) that you have applied to will be in contact with you directly during the month of April at the latest.’
Thank you for your patience, as we do understand how important this is. In this difficult time, please keep safe, and let us know if you need anything further by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mature Student Office