News & Events
FMAS Industry Day
The 13th edition of the School of Mathematical Sciences’ Financial Mathematics & Actuarial Science Industry Day was a very successful event with a huge student turnout.
While this event was particularly relevant to students of
- BSc Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science
- BSc Mathematical Sciences
- BSc Risk and Actuarial Studies
- MSc Actuarial Sciences
all interested students and staff throughout the university were also cordially invited.
Dr Michael Cronin introduced the speakers to the audience. The speakers discussed their own career developments post-graduation and touched on a range of topics in the Financial, Actuarial and Analytics sectors.The programme allowed time for discussion and questions, especially from students, were encouraged.
- Mr. Stephen Cronin, Trainee Investment Analyst, Barnett Waddingham (FMAS graduate 2015)
- Mr. Seamus Glynn, Actuarial Trainee, Canada Life Assurance (FMAS graduate 2016)
- Ms. Amy Halton, Insight Analyst, Paddy Power Betfair (FMAS graduate 2012)
On behalf of the Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science Committee.