Explore this page
UCC's Visitors' Centre
UCC's Visitors’ Centre was established in 2005 and is part of the Office of Marketing and Communications.
The services provided by the Visitors’ Centre include:
- Acting as public-facing point of contact for visitors, potential students and members of the public
- Overseeing the development, operation and management of tours for schools, public groups, tourists, and community groups.
- Providing tours for internal departments.
- Overseeing the development and management of collection of high-quality university merchandise.
- Acting as an information point for students, visitors and staff.
- Conducting VIP tours for high profile visitors including Ambassadors and dignitaries.
- Fostering communication with the external community, community policing, V.E.C., Cork Corporation, youth groups, community groups, charity groups, tourist groups, local businesses, hotels etc.
- Providing merchandise support for UCC departments and conferences etc.
- Organising of public events for local events heritage week, culture day, etc.
Bespoke Tours for Departments
UCC Visitors’ Centre offers a bespoke tour service for departments in UCC. We can organise historical and cultural tours of the university from 30-60 minutes. Tours take in an overview of the university history but can also be tailored to fit it with departmental messaging.
Tours can be booked by contacting email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours are free for internal departments. We can provide tours for 5-30 people per group. Tours are guide led and delivered in English. The tour is wheelchair accessible with the exception of the upper floor of the Crawford Observatory.
- The tour is historical and cultural in nature and includes a visit to the Aula Maxima, Ogham Stone Collection, Main Quadrangle, University Gardens, Honan Chapel (when possible) and refurbished Crawford Observatory. The tour also tells the story of George Boole UCC's first Professor of Maths and founder of Boolean Logic.
- Tours can be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstance including inclement weather.
- No tours operate during Public Holidays. This includes all Bank Holidays, Good Friday to Easter Monday each year. Public Tours do not operate during December but the Centre is closed from the 23rd of December to January 2nd each year.
- Tours can be booked from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (with last tour booking beginning at 3.30pm)
- Tours can be requested outside of office hours but are subject to availability. Tours are not available on Sundays or Public Holidays.
- In all cases tours are subject to availability, with a minimum of five working days’ notice.
Bespoke Merchandise Services
UCC Visitors’ Centre specialise in manufacturing bespoke merchandise for departments and conferences and can produce any items from pens, bags, gifts to banners. A full list of bespoke items may be found via the link below:
Exploring UCC's Campus
UCC's campus is full of many interesting buildings and features. From the Lewis Glucksman Gallery in the Lower Grounds to the Stone Corridor of the Main Quadrangle to the Crawford Observatory, UCC is a great place to spend a few hours.
- Lewis Glucksman Gallery
- President's Garden
- Stone Corridor
- Crawford Observatory
University College Cork’s Visitors’ Centre acts as a central point of information for the many visitors to the university.
The centre is located along the Stone Corridor in the North Wing, at the cultural and historical heart of campus.
UCC is already a popular tourist destination and new audio tours taking in the history and culture of the university are available from the Visitors' Centre for purchase - call into centre for more details.
Opening Hours: Mon. - Fri.: 9am-5pm, Sat.: 12pm-5pm