How to be a good LGBT Ally
The LGBT Network were very proud of this event with dozens of interested parties in attendance and a great session over all. View the recording of the live stream now.
The UCC LGBT Staff Network, in conjunction with our Tyndall National Institute branch, were proud to present a very special event for UCC Equality Week 2018:
“How to be a good LGBT Ally: at home, at work and in everyday life”.
The event, which was open to all members of the UCC community and the wider public, featured a facilitated discussion with a distinguished panel of guest speakers about how to be a better parent, co-worker, friend & all-round ally to LGBT people. The panel will be chaired by Pádraig Rice of the Cork City LGBT Inter-Agency Group, who won the GALA Award for Ally of the Year in 2017.
- Bella FitzPatrick, ShoutOut
- Margie Fennelly, Loving Our Out Kids
- Sara-Jane Cromwell, author of "Becoming Myself" and "Wrong Body, Wrong Life"
- Karen Cooke, LGBT Allies organisation, University of Cardiff, Enfys
- Padraig Rice (chair), Cork LGBT Inter-Agency Group
- Boole Library Creative Zone, UCC Main Campus
- Wednesday, 7 March 2018 at 5.30pm - 6.45pm
- You can view the recorded live stream from the event at: https://ucc.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=4b642db4-186f-4c93-8364-a89b00a0665b
This event marks the first of a series of events we are organizing at UCC and in the local community to inform and empower those who would like to be better allies to their LGBT co-workers, friends, family, etc.