Schools Essay Competition 2008
Schools Essay Competition
The closing date for submission of essays is Friday 28 November 2008.
The Faculty of Law invites all post-junior certificate students to submit an essay of approximately 1000 words, on one of the following topics:
- Same Sex Marriages Should Be Recognised in Ireland
- The Protection of Children’s Rights in Irish Law
- The Role of the Law in Environmental Protection
- Civil Liberties and the War on Terror
- Would a Stronger European Union Benefit Ireland?
- Protecting Minorities in Modern Ireland
- Gangland Violence: Testing the Limits of the Criminal Law?
The purpose of the competition is to encourage students to consider the relevance and impact of law on various aspects of their lives and on society generally.
Prizes (minimum value €200) will be awarded for the best essay or essays submitted on each topic. All students who submit an essay are invited to attend a lecture and prize giving ceremony at University College Cork on Thursday, 22 January, 2009.
Essays should be clearly legible, and should be accompanied by the essay competition cover page available for download below.
Essays should be submitted to:
Essay Competition, Faculty of Law, UCC, CorkThe closing date for submission of essays is Friday 28 November 2008.