A wide range of IT services are available to the UCC student. Please see here for the UCC IT Services for Students Website, where you will find many resources, including the following:
- Student email
- Computer Facilities and Printing
- IT Helpdesk
The School of Law also has its own computer lab, available to all Law students, in ALG33, Áras na Laoi. please contact the School Office regarding its use.
Course Materials for many law modules are available on UCC's Blackboard system.
If this is you first time using the system, read the Instructions first before you access Blackboard.
- blackboard.ucc.ie (the entry point for Blackboard at UCC)
- Instructions for Accessing Blackboard
- Please note that the course materials on Blackboard are not intended in any way to act as a substitute for full attendance at lectures and tutorials. They are strictly for internal use by students of UCC Law School and all notes are copyright.
The FirstLaw database is now part of Justis (see above).
UCC Direct Portal - http://sit.ucc.ie
This portal allows you to vew your UCC registration information, exam timetable, student e-mail, etc.
For instructions on how to change your UCC student e-mail address from email@example.com to a more user-friendly address follow this link.
The Library provides access to many journal databases.
See for example the listings here.
- BAILII - The British and Irish Legal Information Institute - www.bailii.org
- IRLII - The Irish Legal Information Inititiative - www.irlii.org
- Irish Statute Book - www.irishstatutebook.ie
- UK Statute Law Database - www.statutelaw.gov.uk
- EUR-LEX - http://eur-lex.europa.eu
- Irish Law Site at UCC - www.irishlaw.org
- Law Online at UCC - Law Online at UCC
- Cork Online Law Review - http://corkonlinelawreview.com
|GENERAL NOTE ON LEGAL DATABASES:
If you are accessing databases from outside UCC, you will be prompted for your name, student number and library PIN.
To obtain a library PIN, go to http://library.ucc.ie/patroninfo/.
Pages compiled by Darius Whelan