Submitting through TURNITIN:
- From within the Blackboard module, click on the View/Complete link for your assignment. (You may be asked to accept a User Agreement by clicking the 'I Agree - Continue' button.)
- On the Assignment Inbox page, click te Submit icon.
- Select Single File Upload from the Choose a paper submission method: drop-down list.
- Type your first name, last name (if they don't already appear) and you assignment submission title in the space provided.
- Click Browse and locate the file you wish to submit.
- Click Upload after selecting your file.
- A page appears asing you to confirm your submission.
- Click Submit to upload your assignment.
- Click the 'My Submissions' tab. A Submission History of your assignment is displayed on screen with the assignment name and the time and date at which it was sent to your lecturer. This information wll remain under your assignment for your reference.
Turnitin accepted file formats:
- Please note Turnitin only accepts file in the following formats: MSWord (.doc or .docx), WordPerfect, HTML, RTF, PDF, PostScript, and Plain Text format.
- Turnitin DOES NOT ACCEPT Powerpoint or Spreadsheet files, or files saved in Microsoft Works of AppleWorks format.
Students are required to keep one copy of their essay.
If you wish to read UCC's policy on plagiarism, please click here.
In exceptional circumstances only (usually a serious medical condition around the time of submission) extensions to the submission date, of no more than seven days, may be sought in advance from the lecturer concerned. Extensions for longer periods are not normally granted but if an extension for a longer period is necessary, a request must be made directly to the Head of School.
This Medical Evidence Form (283kB) must accompany all applications and must be accompanied by documented evidence, e.g. a medical cert.
Students should note that the above provisions apply only to work submitted in Law (LW Modules). For the provisions relating to other Academic Units, contact your lecturers in the relevant subjects.