‘It’s a Beautiful World’ exhibition will open at 6pm, Thursday 20th February 2014 in the Jennings Gallery, College of Medicine and Health, Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, UCC.
The exhibition features a range of scientific images from the world of Medicine and Science and includes electron-microscopy images, anatomical drawings, baby brainwaves and neuroscience images. There is also a Natural Sciences section, featuring images from nature and life drawings. The exhibition includes photographs, paintings, drawings and other media.
The artists are all staff and students from the College of Medicine and Health at UCC (Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery, Pharmacy, Clinical Therapies) and UCC Research Groups and Teaching Hospitals.
‘Every day we see beautiful images in our work as scientists and healthcare workers. It’s a Beautiful World is a celebration of the beauty of Science and Nature. We hope that schools will visit the Gallery and see for themselves this amazing collection of scientific images and original artworks.’
Coverage on Six One News - 21 February 2014 -http://www.rte.ie/news/player/2014/0221/20531195-exhibition-celebrating-the-beauty-of-science-opens-in-cork/
A link to the Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience news : http://www.ucc.ie/en/anatomy/news/fullstory-426348-en.html
The exhibition will run until 27th March 2014.
1. Au coeur de la cellule - André Toulouse, Julie Roussel and Guy Rouleau, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience
2. Bacteria at home in a tumour - Mark Tangney, Cork Cancer Research Centre
3. Cormorant and Plovers inFlight - Colman Casey, College of Medicine and Robert Fourie, Health and Department Speech and Hearing Sciences
4. Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin - Niamh Crowley, 4th year Occupational Therapy Student
5. Tiny Toes - Maeve O' Connell, INFANT Research Centre, Cork University Maternity Hospital