Dr. Lynell Burmark earned her Ph.D. from Stanford University, where faculty and students elected her to receive the Walter Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching. After eleven years of classroom teaching (kindergarten through graduate school) and nine years in administration, Lynell joined the Thornburg Center for Professional Development. She now consults to high-tech companies and school districts, and presents at dozens of conferences every year.
Lynell’s book, Visual Literacy: Learn to See, See to Learn, a widely adopted textbook for teacher education and instructional technology programs, won the book of the year award for publisher ASCD and is now expanded, updated and available as an eBook. Lynell is featured in a 30-minute segment on Canter & Associates video for the Masters in Instructional Technology with Walden University. She also produced a 10-minute video on visual literacy, which is distributed free to educators through 100% Educational Videos.
The Jennings Gallery thanks Lynell for her permission to reproduce the caption Learn to See, See to Learn in it’s Patrons programme.
Lynell Burmark, Ph.D.
P.O. Box 2778Sunnyvale,
Phone: (408) 497-6113Email: email@example.com
Become an automatic Patron by donating €250
Prof Cuimin Doyle
Dr Colman Casey
Dr Carl and Mrs Fiona Vaughan
Dr Vivian and Mrs Aine Foley
Mr Gerard O'Connor
Throughout the University's history, gifts from generous alumni and friends like you have been vital to UCC becoming one of the world's premier educational institutions. Today your support remains more important than ever.
Through our donor recognition programs, we extend our gratitude to you for helping the College of Medicine and Health to fulfill its mission for the integration of Arts programs into it’s curriculum. Thank you!
The Jennings Patronage Scheme
Jennings Patrons Club
The first tier of giving in the Learn to See, See to Learn program, recognizing donors who have made cumulative gifts of 250e or more to the Jennings Gallery.
The second tier of giving in the Learn to See, See to Learn program, recognizing donors who have made cumulative gifts of 500e or more to the Jennings Gallery.
Jennings Corporate Patrons
The third tier of giving in the Learn to See, See to Learn program, recognizing donors who have made cumulative gifts of 1000e or more to the Jennings Gallery.
Benefits of Learn to See, See to Learn Membership
- Invitations to Gallery opening nights, symposia and other events and subscription to an annual newsletter on our activities.
- Invitations to periodic patronage events
- Optional inclusion in the Donor register at the Jennings Gallery and on our website
- Inclusion in the Jennings Gallery special edition publications
- Patrons benefits
- An engraved memento (or a volume of the comprehensive collection of Jennings Gallery Exhibitions )
Subscription to the Cork University Foundation donor publication
- Mailing of the annual UCC Graduate magazine and quarterly newsletter, UCC Alumni News,
- Membership of the Jennings Advisory Board of the Jennings Patronage Program, a voluntary board that advises the Jennings Committee on comtemporary developments and opportunities on the role of the arts in health education
- A specially commissioned unique piece of art marked with the Jennings logo and "Supporting healthcare education through the arts" either on the work itself or on the frame.
- 5 invitations to Patronage Programme events
- A choice of UCC affinity credit cards with either Bank of Ireland or AIB which offer cardholders preferential interest rates.
For additional information call 021 420 5313 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org