Explore This Page
What is ICDL?
The International Computer Driving Licence, or ICDL, is the new branding for what was formerly known as ECDL. It establishes standards for everyone using a computer in either a professional or personal capacity. It provides documentation to show that the holder can use a computer in practice and has some basic IT knowledge.
Started in Finland, ICDL is now recognised in 17 European Countries, as well as Canada and Australia. It is governed worldwide by the ICDL Foundation, which is based in Ireland. See the website at www.icdl.ie.
Candidates can either attain ICDL Essentials Certificate (pass a min of 4 modules) or ICDL Award (pass a min of 7 modules). Candidates will receive an ICDL profile once they have registered and passed one ICDL module.
Click any of the below module names to download a pdf outlining that module's syllabus.
ICDL Essentials Cert
- the above 4 from ICDL Essentials
- + any 3 of the following:
Completing ICDL in UCC
Note: There is currently no classroom based ICDL Testing due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our Test Centre is usingan on-line testing option called Record & Review sinceFeb 2021. This option is only available to UCC students/staff that already have a Skills Card and meet the criteria for completing testing at home. ICDL Checklist Remote Testing UCC 2021
Training materials can be accessed by all UCC staff and students via Canvas free of charge.
We use the UCC Shop for on-line payment for ICDL Test Units. Cash payments are not accepted. It is not currently possible to purchase a Skills Card on-line as we are only offering testing to staff/students that already have a Skills Card.
UCC staff and students wishing to complete ICDL exams in our Test Centre need to carry out the following steps.
- Online Training: Access the free on-line training via Canvas.
(the password required for on-line purchases of Test Units is also available here).
- Check requirements for Record & Review Testing. Click ICDL Checklist Remote Testing UCC 2021 to view requirements. A completed system check must be uploaded when booking a test session using the Test Booking Form.
- Book Test Sessions: Check ICDL Testing timetable and use the Test Booking Form to complete the booking.
- Buy a Test Unit Go to UCC Shop and select ICDL from the On-line Bookings menu to purchase a Test Unit using the password from Canvas. Please email proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of testing date.
- Complete ICDL Exams