Explore This Page
About Online Training
Our online training courses are self-paced courses available via UCC's VLE, Canvas. All staff and students have access to Canvas.
- ECDL is accessible online to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and staff.
- Our in-house developed training is available to Postgraduate students and staff.
Logging In To Canvas:
- Students can log into Canvas with their student email address and logon password.
- Staff and log into Canvas with their staff email address and logon password.
Enrolling in Online Courses:
Office365 Fundamentals Online Training is a short course designed to introduce to you the basics of cloud computing and cloud storage in Microsoft Office365. It is self-paced and freely available to UCC staff members. Upon completion of the course, its accompanying assessments and submitting a persoan statement, you can obtain a digital badge.
Office365 Fundamentals Digital Badge
The Office365 Fundamentals Digital Badge was approved as part of the Office365 and SharePoint Strategy for IT Services in UCC. This online course has been developed in-house by the I.T. Training Centre as the online learning pathway to the digital badge. Successful completion of the course is constituted by completion of the 5 lessons and 3 assessments.
What Does The Course Cover?
The five lessons in the course cover:
- Introduction To Cloud Storage
- Office365 Overview
- OneDrive - File Storage and Sharing
- Word Online and File Collaboration
- Outlook Online - Email in Office365
How Long Does The Course Take To Complete?
The course takes approximately 3 hours to complete, plus assessments.
What Are The Assessments?
The assessments are comprised of:
- A set of exercises to be completed in your Officer365 account
- An online exam consisting of theory questions and demonstration of tasks in Office365
- A personal statement of min. 150 words on how you will implement your learning in the workplace.
You can access the training via Canvas here. Simply log into Canvas with your staff email address and password, and click 'Enrol in course' on the far right. The course will then be available to you on your dashboard.
How Do I Access The Training Materials?
You can access the training via Canvas here. Simply log into Canvas with your staff email address and password, and click 'Enrol in course' on the far right. The course will then be available to you on your dashboard and the materials will be available to you to work through at your own pace.
Online ECDL Training
The course is accessible online through Canvas. All Staff members, Postgraduate Students and Undergraduate Students have a Canvas account can self register for the training. For full details on how to enrol for training and register for testing please see here.
*New Course* - Image Editing With Pixlr
We are currently developing a new introductory image editing course using Pixlr, a freely available online image editing tool. The course will be available in late 2019.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest in this course, and feedback on preferred course delivery methods and content will help us develop a course that best meets user needs.
This course may suit you if you wish to:
- Learn more about taking good photos and editing your own photos
- Learn about where to find good images and what makes a good image
- Learn how to edit images for use on the UCC website CMS.
Duration: 2 hours approx.
Expression of Interest: Please fill out this form to register your interest in this upcoming course and to inform us of your delivery and content preferences.