Explore by Scenario
Explore All MicroSessions
This MicroSession will cover a variety of Outlook and Teams tips and tricks, designed to help improve IT wellbeing.
- Set automatic repllies (out of office)
- Turn off notifications
- Delay and schedule sending emails
- Amend signature
- Change your status
- Turn off notifications
- Activate quiet hours and days
This MicroSession will cover best practices for organising your documents while hybrid working.
- Cloud based apps:
- Introduction to cloud based apps
- O365 overview
- Overview of OneDrive
- Creating new documents through OneDrive
- Moving local files to the cloud
- Overview of files section of Teams
- Creating/Uploading douments through the files section
Introduction to Microsoft Teams
- Overview of Teams desktop client application
- Create Teams/Channels, add and remove members
- Schedule a meeting in calendar and invite attendees
- Key features of meetings vs live events
- Helpful tips and tricks
Please note this is an introductory session aimed at new or inexperienced Teams users - it is not intended for experienced users, hands-on training, or troubleshooting queries.
Teams for Teaching
- Creating a Team
- How to add a list of student names to a team
- Chat within a Team
- Meetings – inviting students and Meeting options
- Meeting options – recording meeting, record attendees, End for all participants. Also, background, share screen, raise hand.
- Breakout rooms
- Meeting Chat & Meeting Notes
- How students can use teams
Teams Breakout Rooms
With breakout rooms, you can have people break out into smaller groups to work on projects or brainstorm
- Overview of breakout rooms
- How to create break out rooms
- Re-joining the larger group again
Some existing knowledge of Teams is required before attending this session. Click here to view recordings of other Teams microsessions.
Excel Pivot Tables
A Pivot Table is an interactive table that contains summarised data. Once a pivot table has been created, you can manipulate it to analyse your data in different ways. This session will cover
- Creating Pivot Tables – learning the basics
- Changing layout and field settings
- Creating Pivot Charts
- Using the Slicer feature
Excel using IF & VLookup Functions
Prequisite - a good knowledge of the basic excel functions would be required before attending this session - click here to view recordings of other Excel sessions.
The IF function allows you to make logical comparisons between a value and what you expect. So an IF statement can have two results. The first result is if your comparison is True, the second if your comparison is False.
The VLOOKUP function in Excel finds things in a table or range by row.
This session will cover:
- IF functions with demo & practice file
- VLooking with demo & practice file
PowerPoint Tips & Presenting with Teams
- Inserting charts and diagrams
- Action buttons
- Animations and transitions
- Sections and Summary Zoom
- Presenting with Teams
Please note: A basic knowledge of PowerPoint would be helpful before attending this session. Click here to view Microsoft PowerPoint training.
Word Advanced: Creating Long Documents
- Understand what a break is, and identify the different breaks - page breaks vs section breaks
- Know how to add, view, and delete breaks
- Identify various formatting options for individual sections, e.g. vertical alignment, orientation, margins
- Understand how to apply different page numbering formats using section breaks
- Generate a table of contents
- Add referencing
Please note this is an advanced session. Attendees will be expected to have an understanding of the basic Word functions covered in Word Essential Formatting.
Pixlr Advanced Features
Making adjustments to photos including:
- Healing/Removing elements
- Cloning elements
- Working with multiple layers
- Gradients for adding text
This is an advanced training session. Attendees are expected to have an understanding of basic image editing with Pixlr as covered in Pixlr Image Editing