Exams Registration and Booking
Exam Registration and Costs
ICDL Registration Dates for Semester 1:
- Wednesday 25th September 11:00 - 13:00
- Thursday 3rd October 10:00 - 12:00
- Friday 11th October 09:00 - 11:00
- Wednesday 16th October 14:00 - 16:00
ICDL Exam Registration for Semester 1 is ONLY available on the above dates.
ICDL Exam Registration for Semester 2 will open in January.
How to Register:
- Candidates wishing to sit their ECDL exams must register in the IT Training Centre, 4th Floor of the Kane Building.
- The registration process will take approximately 10 minutes
- On registration the following payment is required:
- Students - €50 CASH ONLY - covers skills card (exams cost €20 each payable on the day of exam)
- Total ICDL Cost €190 Payment by Dept - if your department is paying the individual department should contact either their College Accountant of Management Accounting to organise a journal transfer i.e. to transfer funds from your budget to ours. Please email email@example.com for the Test Centre Cost Code.
- Cash Payments - €50 initially covering the skills card (exams cost €20 each payable on the day of exam)
- Please bring your Student/Staff ID Card
- Please note exam modules may be taken in whichever order you wish, however for candidates wishing to complete ICDL certification we do recommend that they complete the 4 ECDL Essential Modules first. Scroll down to Syllabus Update below for further information.
THE TEST CENTRE CAN ONLY ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS OR DEPARTMENTAL BUDGET TRANSFER.
STRICTLY NO REFUNDS - SKILLS CARDS CAN HOWEVER BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER TEST CENTRE.
Cheques or Debit/Visa Card payments CANNOT be processed.
Skills Card : €50
Exams: €20 each
ICDL Essentials Certificate consists of 4 essentials module exams.
For FULL ICDL Certification you must complete th 4 essential modules exams + 3 others.
If a candidate is unsuccessful in an exam there is a charge of €20 for repeat exams.
ICDL training is available online via Canvas
ICDL Testing is held in Training Room 2 of IT Services, 4th Floor Kane Building. There is 45 minutes allocated on the testing system for an exam.
Check here for availability in the coming weeks.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student/staff number, date, time .
All exams must be pre-booked by the Wednesday afternoon of that testing week. Candidates cannot book for exams unless they have registered for exams first.
When attending a testing session please have you student/Staff ID card with you.