Exams Registration and Booking
We are returning to classroom based testing
This option is only available to UCC students/staff that already have a Skills Card
Training materials can still be accessed by all UCC staff and students via Canvas. The online training material via Canvas will only be available until end of Dec 2021.
ICDL is currently undergoing exciting new changes and we aim to be offering this to all NEW candidates in early 2022. Read more here. This will mean changes to how new students will access training materials, more modules on offer and changes to costs.
ICDL training material will no longer be available free to UCC students via Canvas from Jan 2022. We encourage all current students to complete ICDL exams in the coming months.
How to Book your ICDL Test
Important notice: We are currently only taking Test bookings from existing ICDL students that already have a Skills card issued by our Test Centre. This skills card would have incurred a cost of €50 to you.
- Always use your UCC email address
- Check the Testing Schedule below.
- Book your test slot.
- Exam modules may be taken in whichever order you wish. However, for candidates wishing to complete ICDL certification we do recommend that they complete the 4 ICDL Essential Modules first.
- Candidates must then purchase a Test Unit from the UCC Shop
- The Cost is €20 per unit.
- The password required to complete the purchase is available in the ICDL Home info on Canvas
- After completing the booking form and purchasing your test unit please email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of test unit purchase. This must be done at least one working day before your exam.
Important: Do not purchase Test Units if there is no testing slots available
- The test centre can only accept online payments or departmental budget transfer.
- Strictly no refunds. However, skills cards can be transferred to another test centre.
- Exams: €20 each
ICDL Essentials Certificate consists of 4 essentials module exams.
For the Full ICDL Certification you must complete th 4 essential modules exams + 3 others.
If a candidate is unsuccessful in an exam an additional test unit needs to be purchased online €20 for repeat exams.
Testing Schedule Nov & Dec 2021
|Dates & Times for Testing||Book Session|
Tue 23 Nov 11:00
Friday 03 Dec 11:00
- Click on Book to complete the Booking Form for the required test session. Further dates & times will be added (subject to demand and availability of resources).
- There is 45 minutes assigned to each exam on the testing system. Please allow at least 1 hour for the exam to facilitate checks and setup before the exam.
- Test Unit must be purchased in advance of booking
- You must bring your student ID card on the day of testing.