Skype For Business
Skype for Business
Skype for Business allows users to conduct professional meetings and collaborate using a variety of tools including online meetings, messaging, calls and video.
- Online meetings with video calling, enabling collaboration with your colleagues from anywhere.
- Participate in meetings on the go using your internet-enabled Apple iPad or Android phone.
- Find colleagues anywhere in UCC and schedule meetings using your Outlook client or the Outlook Web Application.
- Share your webcam, desktop screen, or individual program screens with colleagues.
Skype for Business FAQ
1. Can I use Skype and Skype for Business on the same computer?
2. What is the difference between Skype and Skype for Business?
3. Can I ring telephones from Skype for Business?
4. Is there a mobile app for Skyoe for Business?
5. Can I call Skype users or only Skype for Business users?
6. How do I add a contact outside my organisation?
Yes. Both versions of Skype will work side by side but Skype for Business has some added features that are not available in the standard version.
Skype for Business ahs all the features of Skype plus extra. More details are available here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34551/what-s-the-difference-between-skype-and-skype-for-business
Currently there is no integration between our Skype for Business implementation and the telephony system so calls cannot be made to telephone numbers.
Yes, there apps available in the iOS (Apple), Android (Google) and Windows (Microsoft) stores. You may need to search for Lync the previous name for this product.
Yes. You can add them through the add contacts section and choose add someone that is not in my organisation.
In the Skype for Business main window, select Add a contact > Add a Contact Not in my Organization > Skype for Business
Fill in the IM address (normally the same as their email)
(Optional) Choose a group and privacy relationship for this contact.