- Staff IT Service Desk
- IT Training
- IT Service Catalogue
- IT Security
- Infrastructure and Security Standards
- Online services
- Storage Options
- Return to Work on Campus
- Teaching or Working Remotely
- Student IT Services
- IT Services Newsletter
- History of Computing in UCC
- IT Vacancies
- Open Days
EOL-Configure Outlook with Proxy Server
How is Outlook configured with Proxy Server?
Step 1 - Open Microsoft Outlook
Step 2 - Assuming no existing profiles
You will be asked to set up an account. If you are logged on to the computer as the account that is going to be configured choose option a.) below. If you configuring the profile for use with a different account, choose b.).
a. Choose “Email Account” and Click Next
b. Choose “Manual setup or additional server types” and click next
- Under Choose Service, choose Microsoft Exchange Server of compatible service
Step 3 - Enter outlook.office365.com for the server name
- Enter the primary email address in the username field. Click on More Settings
Step 4 - Click on the Security Tab
- Change the “Logon network security” to “Anonymous Authentication”
Step 5 - Click on the Connection Tab
- Tick the “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP” and Click Exchange Proxy Settings
Step 6 - In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange box
- Type: outlook.office365.com
a. Make sure you’ve enabled “only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate,” and then type msstd:outlook.com.
b. Click to select the on fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box, and select the on slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box.
c. In the Proxy authentication settings, click Basic Authentication.
- Click OK and OK again
Step 7 - Click “Check Name”
- enter your credentials if prompted
- Click “Check Name” in the pop-up dialogue
Step 8 - The server name will change
- Click next, then finish