EOL-Setup Out of Office Auto-Reply
How to Setup Out of Office on a Shared Mailbox
You need to go directly to a shared mailbox in the Office 365 OWA, without starting in your own mailbox, you must use (and bookmark) a specific URL for each shared mailbox you want to access this way:
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/[email name of mailbox]@ucc.ie
For example, if the shared mailbox for the helpdesk has the email firstname.lastname@example.org, the URL is https://email@example.com
When you sign in with your Office 365 username and password, you will be taken directly to the shared mailbox.
- For User Name enter your own email address
- For Password, type in your UCC email password
- Click the Sign in button
You can now add the Out of Office
- Click the Options button and select Automatic Replies
- In the Automatic Replies section ensure that Send automatic replies is enabled. Type your out of office message in the text box provided and specify the time period.
- Depending on whether you want this automatic reply to reach senders outside of the organisation, ensure Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization is enabled. Type your out of office message in the text box provided.
- Click OK