- Staff IT Service Desk
- IT Service Catalogue
- IT Security
- Infrastructure and Security Standards
- Online services
- Storage Options
- Returning to Work on Campus
- Teaching or Working Remotely
- IT Training Centre
- Student IT Services
- IT Services Newsletter
- History of Computing in UCC
- IT Vacancies
- Open Days
Office 365 provides you with a massive 50GB mailbox - approximately 100 times the previous mailbox size. In addition, each user will have access to an archive mailbox 100GB in size, which will allow for the removal of all PSTs.
Additional features of your Office 365 mailbox include:
- Access to your email from anywhere, on any device with an internet connection, via Outlook Web Access.
- Send and receive email from your phone or tablet using Exchange Active Sync.
- Create folders and rules to help organize your email.
- Schedule Out of Office replies easily using either your Outlook client or through Outlook Web Access.
- How do I get an email account?
- What is the size limit?
- What operating systems are supported for the Outlook Client?
- What versions of Outlook Client are supported?
- What browsers are supported for the web client for email?
- How do I change my password?
- Can I unsubscribe from All Exchange Users?
- How do I send to the All Staff Distribution List?
- Quarantine - What is Quarantine?
- Quarantine - How long are messages kept in the quarantine?
- Quarantine - Can I release or report more than one quarantined message at a time?
- Quarantine - Can I check what’s in the Quarantine or do I have to wait for the email?
- Quarantine - Do all Quarantined messages appear in the email?
- Quarantine - Will I receive a response from reporting email as not Junk?
- Quarantine - If I have a SPAM rule will it continue to work?
Contact the Helpdesk at extension 2120
The helpdesk will require:
- the users name,
- staff number
- and contact details
If the user does not have a staff number, or if the users staff number has not yet been processed, then the head of department or school manager should request an account for the user through our Online Service Desk http://servicedesk.ucc.ie under 3. Email & Account requests. After the email account has been set up the user will be contacted by IT Services with their email details.
The size limit is a 50 GB of mailbox space. there is an additional 100 GB archive available by request. We only recommend implementing this when you are low on space in your mail mailox.
PC: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Mac: Mac OS X 10.10
For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system.
Office 365 works with any version of Office in mainstream support: the latest version of Office for PC and MAC, Office 2016 for PC, and Office 2016 for Mac. Previous versions of Office clients, such as Office 2010 and Office 2007, may work with Office 365 with reduced functionality.
The current or immediately previous version of Internet Explorer; the current version of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
You can wait until prompted and follow the on-screen instuctions or you canuse our self service password reset tool and change/reset it online at any time.
If you need any more information please contact the Staff IT Helpdesk.
Yes. If you wish to stop getting emails from All Exchange Users, please contact the staff IT Helpdesk and ask to be removed. Please note, if you are removed from All Exchnge Users, you will not be able to send to the list.
The All Staff distribution list is a restricted list maintained solely for University business. To get access to send to this list, please contact Valerie Hill in the Office of Corporate and Legal Affairs.
Rather than prepending **SPAM ?** to the subject of emails being detected as SPAM, they will now be held in Quarantine until they are released by you. Each day, a digest email will be sent to your mailbox showing the emails that have been quarantined since the last email was sent. You can release those incorrectly quarantined and ignore the rest. These will be automatically deleted after 15 days.
By default, spam-quarantined messages are kept in the quarantine for 15 days, while quarantined messages that matched a transport rule are kept in the quarantine for 7 days. After this period of time the messages are deleted and are not retrievable.
The ability to release or report multiple messages at once is not currently available from within the email messge. You can however do this by navigating to the web interface https://admin.protection.outlook.com/quarantine and logging in.
You can check the end user spam quarantine at any stage by navigating to https://admin.protection.outlook.com/quarantine and logging in.
Each email shows email that has been quarantined since the previous email. It does not contain a list of all email in your Quarantine.
No. The message will be analysed and the results feed back into the detection process. There will be no communication with you for reporting the email.
If you have a rule to perform some action on messages tagged with “***SPAM?**” this will no longer work. This is because messages will no longer be tagged as SPAM but instead sent directly to quarantine. If you have a message based on some other attribute, then this will continue to work.