I.T. Services is delighted to present our Open Days, a two-day series of talks and events designed to showcase and demonstrate the use of our services and technologies to academics, researchers and administrative staff. The event is also used to get input from colleagues on how these services can support their goals.
Our 2016 Open Days, which took place on November 22nd and 23rd, featured a variety of talks and activities, including:
- Technology Corners
- Walk-Up Areas: Providing attendees the opportunity to ask questions
- Demonstrations: Including Screencasting software and other technologies
- A Prize Draw: Each day one lucky attendee was the winner of a 14" OS Chromebook
See below for our collection of talks from our first Open Day.
- Opening Address - Professor John O'Halloran
- Ronan Murphy: I.T. Security
- David Keddy: Office 365
- Tom O’Mara: Bridging the Gap – Instructional Design in UCC
- AVMS Aidan O’Donovan and Eoin O'Sullivan: New Teaching Room layouts and Tools
- Barry O'Sullivan and Jerry Deasy: Research data & storage a UCC case study
See below for our collection of talks from our second Open Day.
- Brian Boyle: Education data networks in Ireland
- Justin Hourigan: Heanet services for you
- Eoghan O'Carrigáin: IRIS CORA Open Data
- UCC Instructional Design Team: Google Apps for Education
- John McNulty: Student Administration Roadmap
- Kevin Harrington: CRM