- Staff IT Service Desk
- IT Service Catalogue
- IT Security
- Infrastructure and Security Standards
- Online services
- Storage Options
- Returning to Work on Campus
- Teaching or Working Remotely
- IT Training Centre
- Student IT Services
- IT Services Newsletter
- History of Computing in UCC
- IT Vacancies
- Open Days
MS Teams Recordings switched to OneDrive/SharePoint instead of Stream
Ensure you can locate your Recordings folder to find your meeting and lecture videos.
Over the next week, you will notice a change in how recordings of Microsoft Teams meetings are saved.
Up to now, Teams meetings recordings were saved in Microsoft Stream, but Microsoft are phasing out the use of Stream for meeting recording storage*.
Where will your meeting recordings now be stored?
Outlook Canvas Meetings:
Recordings of Meetings organised via Outlook/Canvas
- These will be saved in a new folder named ‘Recordings’ in the OneDrive of the person who started the meeting recording.
Microsoft Teams Channel Meetings
Recordings of Meetings organised in a Microsoft Teams Channel.
- These will be saved in the files area of that Team or Team Channel(also accessible via Sharepoint)
For recordings of Lectures/Teaching
We recommend you continue to move MS Teams recordings into Panopto in order to make recordings more easily accessible to students on Canvas.
Benefits of this change include:
- Teams meeting recordings can now be shared as you would any file in your OneDrive account
- A simpler workflow. No need to use MS Stream anymore.
- Guest lecturers with sponsored accounts previously had a 21-day retention limit with MS Stream. This issue will no longer exist because the recording will be in OneDrive/Teams (also accessible via SharePoint)
- It will now be easier to share meeting recordings with external users.
*You will still retain access to Microsoft Stream for previously saved recordings with your UCC account.