Centering and Embedding Family Carers in the Co-Production of Carer Research, Supports and Policy
Underpinned by an engaged research approach, CARERENGAGE has an overall aim to coproduce in-depth, practically-oriented knowledge and evidence-based research impacting family carers in Ireland. Specifically, this will involve Institute of Social Science in the 21st Century UCC (ISS21) and Care Alliance Ireland (CAI) facilitating and delivering three national workshops addressing three key research and policy areas identified by CAI, in consultation with its 85 CVO members.
This aim is supported by the following action-specific objectives:
1: Develop a CVO-academic-policy-citizen-carer-service provider knowledge network to support family carers’ capacity to make informed decisions and achieve policy goals
2 Co-facilitate three national workshops to encourage knowledge exchange and coproduction dialogue between network members to bridge the gap between research, policy, practice and family carer requirements.
3 Co-develop, communicate and translate policy, academic, CVO provider, recommendations to maximise the value and impact of family carer research.
Co-facilitated by ISS21 and CAI, the project plan prioritises the delivery of three roundtables, briefing and position papers on priority social policy issues impacting carer well-being in Ireland. The roundtables are as follows:
- Patient & Public Involvement (PPI) in Research with a Focus on Family Caring. 13th October 2020
- Evaluating the National Carers Strategy - Future Directions, 23rd March 2021
- Susan Scally, Principal Officer, Social Care Performance & Integration, Department of Health
- Emily Holzhausen OBE, Director of Policy & Public Affairs, Carers UK
- Clare Duffy, Policy & Public Affairs Manager, Family Carers Ireland
- Engaged Research and Policy Priorities for the wider Family Carer Sector: Path to Delivery, Impact and Change - scheduled for September 2021.
Project Funding & Duration
Funded by the Irish Research Council, New Foundations Scheme, from July 2020 – December 2021
Dr Carol Kelleher, ISS21, Email email@example.com
Zoe Hughes, CAI, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Liam O' Sullivan, CAI Email email@example.com